Toad World® Forums

TDM 4.2.6.12 upgrade seems a bit flakey

I’ve been using TDM for a while now and love it and was excited to upgrade to the latest release.

However, after upgrading I get a LOT of screen “flashing” (for lack of a better term) when ever I request a TDM operational dialog box after TDM has been inactive (this is I haven’t clicked on it) for some time.

When the dialog is requested, it is displayed but then disappears/reappears several times before it can be interacted with. This often takes up to a minute or more during which time the entire TDM application is mark by Windows as “Not Responding”.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? I’m using Win7 Ultimate 64Bit SP 1 if that is of any assistance.

Update to my earlier post.

TDM response times have gone from bad to worse to unusable. I’ve un-installed/re-installed several times now but same issue each time.

Now clicking on anything will usually take minutes for TDM to respond. Lots of disappearing/reappearing windows, toolbars, tabs. etc. Seems like TDM is in some sort of GUI rendering loop that eventually resolves but I simply don’t have the time to wait for it.

I’m reverting back to the earlier TDM version until such time this is resolved.

Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I regret you have troubles with the latest version. We added new styles to menus and toolbars, this might cause “flashing” effect…

Can you send us some Error Log, screenshot of Message Explorer etc?

We develop TDM on Win7 64bit machines, tested various configuration and never got similar problems. We will do additional tests.

Regards,

Vaclav

Vaclav,

I sent this in as a support request so I am not sure if I should work the issue from that avenue or continue this thread. Let me know what you prefer.

Either way, I’m not sure I can provide you an error log as no errors that I’m aware of are thrown. It just takes forever to interact with the program. Nearly every mouse click, every dialog request, every action can take minutes to accomplish.

As I mentioned, I’ve reverted to the previous version of TDM (which is working fine) but I can re-install the current version if there is some sort of dump I can send you that might be of use.

FWIW, the box am am working on has a 6 core processor and 12GB RAM so it’s probably not a resource issue.

Hi,

can you send me a screenshot of your package explorer, please? I would like to know if you have Productivity Pack macros installed separately or not. And please send me your support case ID.

Thank you.

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi,

please try to backup (copy somewhere) and delete the TDM.txe file from the following location:
C:\Users{UserName}\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad Data Modeler{Installation Number}\Configs
And try to run TDM again. If there was a problem with older installation, this might help.

Regards,

Vaclav

I’ve the same issue too. Worst still, the program end up “Not Responding”…

Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences, unfrotunately we have not been able to reproduce it yet.

Can you try to do the following:

  1. Backup your TDM.txe file (simply rename it to something else or copy it somewhere). Location: see attached screenshot and change values highlighted in yellow.
  2. Delete the TDM.txe file and run TDM. See if this helped or not. If not, then please close TDM and...
  3. Edit the TDM.txe file and set all toolbar items related values to False (see second screen shot) and then run TDM. It should start with almost all toolbars hidden.
  4. Hide all other toolbars via Menu. See screenshot menu3.png

We introduced new styles in TDM version 4.2, tested it on various machines with many configurations and didn't get bad results at all.

Thank you for your cooperation. We would like to fix it as soon as possible, that's why we would be really grateful for your help.

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences, unfrotunately we have not been able to reproduce it yet.

Can you try to do the following:

  1. Backup your TDM.txe file (simply rename it to something else or copy it somewhere). Location: see attached screenshot and change values highlighted in yellow.
  2. Delete the TDM.txe file and run TDM. See if this helped or not. If not, then please close TDM and...
  3. Edit the TDM.txe file and set all toolbar items related values to False (see second screen shot) and then run TDM. It should start with almost all toolbars hidden.
  4. Hide all other toolbars via Menu. See screenshot menu3.png

We introduced new styles in TDM version 4.2, tested it on various machines with many configurations and didn't get bad results at all.

Thank you for your cooperation. We would like to fix it as soon as possible, that's why we would be really grateful for your help.

Regards,

Vaclav

Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences, unfrotunately we have not been able to reproduce it yet.

Can you try to do the following:

  1. Backup your TDM.txe file (simply rename it to something else or copy it somewhere). Location: see attached screenshot and change values highlighted in yellow.
  2. Delete the TDM.txe file and run TDM. See if this helped or not. If not, then please close TDM and…
  3. Edit the TDM.txe file and set all toolbar items related values to False (see second screen shot) and then run TDM. It should start with almost all toolbars hidden.
  4. Hide all other toolbars via Menu. See screenshot menu3.png

We introduced new styles in TDM version 4.2, tested it on various machines with many configurations and didn’t get bad results at all.

Thank you for your cooperation. We would like to fix it as soon as possible, that’s why we would be really grateful for your help.

Regards,

Vaclav
menu3.png