TDM 5.3 - Views with an Order By and SQLPlus

I have created a view in TDM that includes a Where Clause and an Order By clause. When the script is created it leaves a blank line between the Where clause statements and the Order by statement, which causes the script to fail when ran in SQLPlus by the DBA group. Is there a way to remove this blank line without having to edit the file before it is deployed?

Thanks,

Craig

Hello Craig,

This should not happen. Could you tell us what database are you using? Also, please try to open View Properties and see if there is a blank line between the statements in SQL Preview tab as well.

Regards,

Lukas

Lukas,

I hit delete in the where clause window many times, and though I couldn’t move my cursor any further down it must have deleted something and now the line has
been removed.

I was using Oracle 11gR2. I did this before I first posted as well, but there must have been some extra character in there I couldn’t see.

Craig

From: Lukas Knapek [mailto:bounce-LukasKnapek@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 2:21 AM

To: tdm@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] TDM 5.3 - Views with an Order By and SQLPlus

RE: TDM 5.3 - Views with an Order By and SQLPlus

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Hello Craig,

This should not happen. Could you tell us what database are you using? Also, please try to open
View Properties and see if there is a blank line between the statements in
SQL Preview tab as well.

Regards,

Lukas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Does that mean you have solved the issue? I have tried to reproduce it on my machine, but I haven’t been successful. Please let us know, if it happens to you again, so we can investigate the issue further.

Regards,

Lukas

Yes. It is solved.

Craig

From: Lukas Knapek [mailto:bounce-LukasKnapek@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 3:08 AM

To: tdm@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum] TDM 5.3 - Views with an Order By and SQLPlus

RE: TDM 5.3 - Views with an Order By and SQLPlus

Reply by Lukas Knapek

Does that mean you have solved the issue? I have tried to reproduce it on my machine, but I haven’t been successful. Please let us know, if it happens to you again, so we can investigate the
issue further.

Regards,

Lukas

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Modeler - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Modeler - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Alright, we just found out what may have caused this. When you create an empty line (by pressing enter after writing your statement, for example) in Where tab in View Properties, the empty line is not deleted and it appears in the final script. I know you have solved the problem, but if you encounter it in the future again, you might want to check if this isn’t the cause.

Regards,

Lukas

You can make SQL*Plus ignore empty lines in a SQL statement by using

set sqlblanklines on

Thus only a semicolon or slash will be accepted to end a statement