Toad World® Forums

TDP 3.3 Automation hangs when sending results to local storage

Hey all…

In TDP 3.3 Automation, I have…

Query 1 returns values from an Oracle table (10 fields), returns 2 records (as expected). This query runs fine. When it comes to sending the results to local storage, it hangs. I let it run for about 45 minutes

Query 2 returns values from Oracle table (2 fields), returns 8 records (as expected). The query runs fine. When it comes to sending the results to local storage, no issues.

Query 3 returns values from Oracle table (21 fields), returns 100 records (as expected). The query runs fine. When it comes to sending the results to local storage, no issues.

Query 1 returns values from an Oracle table (6 fields), returns 0 records (as expected). This query runs fine. When it comes to sending the results to local storage, it hangs.

This happens when scheduled and when run ad-hoc.

Any thoughts? What should I be looking for?

Here are some ideas to look into:

  1. Do you have Auto Commit off? check in the lower left hand corner. Make sure this is set to Auto Commit On. This prevents transactions and locking tables.

  2. Get the query to hang, and while hanging, execute this statement and see if it returns any rows. We are not looking for any tables that start with ‘hub_’ or ‘mysql’

show open tables WHERE In_use > 0

  1. What are the field data types on the table that is being saved to local storage? Is there a field that is different on the one that hangs and the ones that don’t? If so, is this the appropriate data type? When saving manually you can edit the data types and see if a different type makes a difference.

Debbie

Hi, Debbie.

For #1- still hangs

For #2- returned no records

For #3- still hangs; I tested with data types that I know works.

I found a wok around to this issue.

  1. Script to file > save as CSV

  2. Import wizard > Local storage

Runs much faster, and assigns appropriate MySQL data types to the fields.

:slight_smile:

I’m glad that worked. It would still helpful to us if we could determine what the bad data type is. If you can easily determine that it would be great so we could fix.

Debbie

I am not able to determine the bad data type. The data types in this script are no different than other data types in my other scripts. I tried commenting out fields in the select statement one at time… but still no luck.

Thanks for trying. I will see if our QA can track this down.