TDP 4.2 Job Manager "value does not fall within the expected range" Message

Hi,

trying TDP 4.2 to see if problems encountered with 4.1 was solved…

Everything seems to work well in automation scripts but hang when i try to schedule them.

two differents messages…

I’ve already had “Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” with 4.1, solved by choosing Task scheduler 1.0…

This new one “value does not fall within the expected range” with 4.2 (task scheduler checked)…

All my scheduled jobs works perfectly with TDP 3.8, but i would migrate them to full 64bit environnement…

Thanks for your reply…

Regards,

Franck

i got an updated Job manager for issue that can be worked around with Version 1.0 of task manager. But this updated component missed the release. It will be in the first TDP 4.3 Beta.

Thanks so much for logging this issue.

I’ve been beating my head on this same issue before I decided to check out the forum.

I tried setting Job Manager back to 1.0 but it didn’t help.

I’m going to try rebuilding them in 4.0 and see if they can work again.

Follow-up

I had to roll back to 4.0 before setting Task Scheduler to 1.0 would allow my tasks to run again.

When I tried to schedule in 4.1 I would immediately get a Red X in a circle next to the name of

the scheduled task. It appears that TOAD was writing the job in my C:\Windows\Tasks folder. But

my system seems to be using C:\Windows\System32\Tasks folder to store jobs.

When I copied the job to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks folder, it immediately corrected the Red X

issue, but the task would still not run when schedule. I went down to 4.0 and everything seems to

be working after rebuilding my scripts.

Hi all.

Because I never give up, I’ve tried to schedule 4.2 automation script directly from Windows task scheduler (I’m using a Windows 2008 R2 Server), and it works perfectly.

in action tab : Edit button

in edit action popup :

Action : Start a Program

Program/Script : “C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.2\toad.exe” (or other path to toad.exe, for sure, not this one if 32bits version of Toad)

Add Arguments (Optional) : -batch=true “D:\TOAD_Prod_Bots\1_DSI_AMOA\41725_Inventaire_Patches_TW\41725_Quotidien_Inventaire_Patches_TW.tas” (for example, other path to your .tas file)

Start in (Optional) :C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad Data Point 4.2 (or other path to toad)

You just can’t manage scheduled jobs directly from Toad…

Hope this help…

Regards.

Franck

We now have beta build with new job Manager that has logging. if you still have issues and would like to help us fix, please download latest version of Beta -Toad Data Point Beta 4.3.0.253 (64 bit).

To turn on logging add this registry key before starting TDP. Produce the issue and post the log file.

To set full logging level the customer should set the following registry key to 1:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQLNS\LoggingLevel

1 – information

Log can be seen here:
C:\ProgramData\Quest Software\SqlNs\SQL-NS.log

Sure, I will download the Beta to help troubleshoot this issue

for the next version.

MP

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 3:24 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] TDP 4.2 Job Manager “value does not fall within the expected range” Message

RE: TDP 4.2 Job Manager “value does not fall within the expected range” Message

Reply by Debbie Peabody

We now have beta build with new job Manager that has logging. if you still have issues and would like to help us fix, please download latest version of Beta -Toad Data Point Beta 4.3.0.253 (64 bit).

To turn on logging add this registry key before starting TDP. Produce the issue and post the log file.

To set full logging level the customer should set the following registry key to 1:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Quest Software\SQLNS\LoggingLevel

1 – information

Log can be seen here:

C:\ProgramData\Quest Software\SqlNs\SQL-NS.log

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.