Team Coding Checked Out But Cannot Edit

Hi,

I’ve checked out a function via Schema Browser by right-clicking and selecting Check Out, but when I load the file in the Editor it ignores my keystrokes, as if the file is read-only or something. What could be wrong?

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I don’t have enough information to give a very useful answer. How are you loading the file in the editor? Are you double clicking on the object in the Schema
Browser to open, or are you doing a file open in the editor? This may make a difference in how Team Coding is checking for control settings. When you open the Team Coding Controlled Objects tab, what does the status say for the object. Can you give some
information about your set up? Which version of Toad. Are you using Source Control. Which one? Are you using Code Collections?

One more slightly silly question … Is the ‘Read Only’ setting set in the Connection? I’ve seen this happen so that is why I ask.

Sorry for so many questions, but Team Coding has many variables that could impact the solution.

Stephen

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:43 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Team Coding Checked Out But Cannot Edit

Team Coding Checked Out But Cannot Edit

Thread created by daveoz

Hi,

I’ve checked out a function via Schema Browser by right-clicking and selecting Check Out, but when I load the file in the Editor it ignores my keystrokes, as if the file is read-only or something.
What could be wrong?

Thanks,

David

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Stephen,

I’ve tried both double-clicking and file open in the Editor with same result each time.

The status says Available with the green check mark which is confusing because it seemed to check it out successfully.

Toad 12.1.0.22. CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2382

Where is the read-only option you refer to?

We ARE using code collections to limit to three schemas.

Stephen, where is the read-only option you mention? i will check for that also

It’s a long shot … in the login window there is a check box field called ‘Read Only’. You usually have to scroll to the right to see it.

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:45 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Team Coding Checked Out But Cannot Edit

RE: Team Coding Checked Out But Cannot Edit

Reply by daveoz

Stephen, where is the read-only option you mention? i will check for that also

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

There is something else wrong … if the status is green then Team Coding did not successfully check out. Make sure that you can view the output window in Toad.
You should either get a confirmation message or an error message when checking out. This may give a clue.

You could try checking out from the Controlled objects tab. Does this make a difference?

Make sure that Toad has logged you in to CVS. On the Team Coding tool bar click the VCS Logon window. It should bring up the CVS Logon and display a logged
in message in the output window once you login.

Stephen

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 1:44 PM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Team Coding Checked Out But Cannot Edit

Reply by daveoz

Hi Stephen,

I’ve tried both double-clicking and file open in the Editor with same result each time.

The status says Available with the green check mark which is confusing because it seemed to check it out successfully.

Toad 12.1.0.22. CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2382

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I see it now. Read Only isn’t checked. I think our install is hosed up. I’m going to remove it and reinstall.

Ok … let me know how you get on …

Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 2:14 PM

Reply by daveoz

I see it now. Read Only isn’t checked. I think our install is hosed up. I’m going to remove it and reinstall.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Stephen, I’ve reinstalled and above issues are gone, but am struggling to get things going with our folder organization.

Our cvs repository contains folders and subfolders, but Toad TC cannot seem to handle this and checks everything into the top folder.

For example, our repository has: schemaA\procedures\myproc.prc. when i browse in toad schema browser and right-click to select “check out” it works, but then when i “check in” a new file goes in schemaA\myproc.prc. i wanted it to update the existing file in \schemaA\procedures\myproc.prc.

It’s been a while since I looked at CVS. I will set up test scenario and see what I can find.

stephen

Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:40 PM

Reply by daveoz

Stephen, I’ve reinstalled and above issues are gone, but am struggling to get things going with our folder organization.

Our cvs repository contains folders and subfolders, but Toad TC cannot seem to handle this and checks everything into the top folder.

For example, our repository has: schemaA\procedures\myproc.prc. when i browse in toad schema browser and right-click to select “check out” it works, but then when i “check in” a new file goes
in schemaA\myproc.prc. i wanted it to update the existing file in \schemaA\procedures\myproc.prc.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Stephen, did you make time for cvs fun? Team Coding seems to work much better without code collections turned on so that is the plan for now. 12.5 beta seems to have alot of TC fixes – do you recommend I try it before rolling out TC to the dev team?

Hello Davos,

Certainly take a look at the beta before rolling out. To the best of my recollection, we have not made any significant changes to CVS, so it should be similar
to what you are currently using. The dashboard Controlled Objects tab and Team Coding VCS Browser have had some refactoring for performance, and should be more responsive than Toad 12.1.

Stephen

Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:12 AM

Reply by daveoz

Hi Stephen, did you make time for cvs fun? Team Coding seems to work much better without code collections turned on so that is the plan for now. 12.5 beta seems to have alot of TC fixes –
do you recommend I try it before rolling out TC to the dev team?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Any idea what version of CVSNT might have been tested with originally?

I am using CVSNT 2.5. It should work with any CVS command line.

Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2014 10:05 AM

Reply by daveoz

Any idea what version of CVSNT might have been tested with originally?

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.