Team Coding: "Create New Revision" on a package body file creates the spec instead

Toad 12.8.0.49 with TFS: In the Team Coding Manager, select a Package Body file, then select “Get new revision in the VCS”. Toad gets the spec file instead of the body. You can see the same behavior when you select “Show Properties” on the file. It shows the properties of the spec. See the attachment.
1-5-2016 10-32-29 AM.png

The same behavior is observed with Type and Type Body objects.

Hello,

I can reproduce this issue. I cleared out my working folder and did a “Get new revision” on my package body and sure enough it got the spec and not the body.

Toad should treat package/type specs and bodies as one in the same. In other words, if you check out/in, get revision, etc on just the spec, you should expect the same operation to be done on the body and vice versa.

We will get this fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 10:48 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Team Coding: “Create New Revision” on a package body file creates the spec instead

Team Coding: “Create New Revision” on a package body file creates the spec instead

Thread created by roddyt

Toad 12.8.0.49 with TFS: In the Team Coding Manager, select a Package Body file, then select “Get new revision in the VCS”. Toad gets the spec file instead of the body. You can see the same behavior when you select “Show Properties” on the file. It shows the properties of the spec. See the attachment.

Attachments:

1-5-2016 10-32-29 AM.png

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.