Team Coding Manager Bug

Ok. I’m pretty sure this isn’t me doing something wrong this time. :slight_smile:

This is in the GA - I can’t test it in the beta until I figure out how to set up my project there.

I have the Team Coding bar open and opened the folder with package bodies. If I drag my package body to the editor, the package spec only opens. If I double-click the body and the spec open. Dragging the package from the Spec folder opens just the spec.

I would expect the behavior to be the same with the click or the drag, and if I open the Body, I wouldn’t expect the spec to open as well. That is more minor than the drag/click thing, though…

Aren’t you glad you have someone new using this! :wink:

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

Hey Phyllis,

Actually, yes – I’m all for new people testing this! :slight_smile:

It looks like the behavior was inconsistent with Toad 12.8 GA. The first time I dragged a package body to the editor, it loaded the body. Then I dragged the package spec to the editor and it loaded the spec. Finally, I dragged the package body back to the editor and it loaded the spec (incorrectly).

These kind of issues have been addressed with Toad 12.9. Toad 12.9 is a complete rewrite and simplification of the underlying Team Coding code. Once GA hits, it should be dramatically faster and easier to use.

We still have a few minor bugs we’re working through for this release; but if you can get it set up for your environment, I’d recommend using Toad 12.9 for Team Coding wherever possible. It’s a much friendlier environment.

-John

Phyllis,

I can confirm this. 12.9 is faster and much easier than 12.8 and you have more configuration options for storing files. Working with GIT is much faster than in 12.8. I had some problems using the 1th betas but if you choose the latest beta and will make the conversion from 12.8 with that, I think you be much happier.

Herald

Great! Thank you both. :slight_smile:

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 4:29 AM, herald.ten.dam bounce-heraldtendam@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Team Coding Manager Bug

Reply by herald.ten.dam
Phyllis,

I can confirm this. 12.9 is faster and much easier than 12.8 and you have more configuration options for storing files. Working with GIT is much faster than in 12.8. I had some problems using the 1th betas but if you choose the latest beta and will make the conversion from 12.8 with that, I think you be much happier.

Herald

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Products & Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org