The license

Everi day when I open TOAD, it reminds me that My license will expire at Aug 30 2013. I know that the university of Chicago renew the our licenses.

What i should do about that.

Sincerely,

Peter Bojinov

Sounds like you are using either the freeware or beta – both of which have time out dates on purpose. You probably should talk to your Toad admin person and
get the official GA version which has no such time outs ….

Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:06 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] The license

The license

Thread created by pbojinov

Everi day when I open TOAD, it reminds me that My license will expire at Aug 30 2013. I know that the university of Chicago renew the our licenses.

What i should do about that.

Sincerely,

Peter Bojinov

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

i have one question… if i use toad for oracle for connect to an oracle 11g database, but the customer told me that i can´t use that because enable some features that requiere licensing… i want to know if that is true?

When you first install Toad and try to connect to a database - if I remember correctly - Toad asks if you are licensed for various Oracle Options. If you say “yes” then some of the queries and features of Toad will use the views etc provided by that option.

If you say “no” Toad will not use them and this helps prevent inadvertent use of features of Oracle that you might not have paid for. You do not want to be audited by Oracle, trust me!

Anyway, Bert has answered numerous questions like this already over at www.toadworld.com/…/toad-and-oracle-licensing-what-s-the-story-updated - you might see the answer there.

What happens is that when you choose a Toad menu option that has ‘OEM’ in the name, you will be prompted to confirm that you have paid the licensing for the appropriate Diagnostic & Tuning Packages. If you don’t confirm, you cannot use the options.

HTH

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]