TOAD 12.8.0.49 - 64-bit - Will not shut down

I have installed the latest 64-bit version of TOAD (on a Windows 7 platform). Access to the database is fine. My issue is that when I try to close TOAD (either with the X button or using the menu), the application will not close. I must use Task Manager to close it.

Any thoughts?

Chris

I’ve occasionally seen Toad take longer to shutdown when I’m testing with a customer’s User Files folder - I’ve just assumed it’s because there are paths and network locations in their settings that I don’t have.

If you zip up and email me your user files folder, I can try to track it down. john.dorlon@quest.com.

John,

That’s the directory under Client Files, correct?

Thanks,

Chris Anderson, CPA, MBA
Vice President I Division Controller
Bank of Oklahoma

P.O. Box 2300

Tulsa, OK 74192

(918) 588-8268 I Phone
(918) 595-0305 I Fax
canderson@bokf.com I Email

Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:15 AM
To: toadoracle@toadworld.com
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] TOAD 12.8.0.49 - 64-bit - Will not shut down

RE: TOAD 12.8.0.49 - 64-bit - Will not shut down

Reply by John Dorlon

I’ve occasionally seen Toad take longer to shutdown when I’m testing with a customer’s User Files folder - I’ve just assumed it’s because there are paths and network locations in their settings that I don’t have.

If you zip up and email me your user files folder, I can try to track it down. john.dorlon@quest.com.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.
Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.
Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

The company reserves the right to amend statements made herein in the event of a mistake. Unless expressly stated herein to the contrary, only agreements in writing signed by an authorized officer of the Company may be enforced against it.

No, that’s the “clean” set.

In Toad, go to Utilities -> Copy User Settings. Set it to “Export” and click OK. That’ll zip up the files I want. Then you can just send me the zip file it creates.

John,

You were correct on TOAD just taking a longer time to shut down. I see that it is shutting down if I just wait a while. Do you still want me to send the files?

Thanks,

Chris Anderson, CPA, MBA
Vice President I Division Controller
Bank of Oklahoma

P.O. Box 2300

Tulsa, OK 74192

(918) 588-8268 I Phone
(918) 595-0305 I Fax
canderson@bokf.com I Email

Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:31 AM
Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] TOAD 12.8.0.49 - 64-bit - Will not shut down

Reply by John Dorlon

No, that’s the “clean” set.

In Toad, go to Utilities -> Copy User Settings. Set it to “Export” and click OK. That’ll zip up the files I want. Then you can just send me the zip file it creates.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

The company reserves the right to amend statements made herein in the event of a mistake. Unless expressly stated herein to the contrary, only agreements in writing signed by an authorized officer of the Company may be enforced against it.

Yes, if you don’t mind. It could be a problem for others too.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with this version.

Could you help me please ?

My config :

WIN 7 pro 64 bits sp 1

Toad 64 bits 12.8.0.49

Thanks !

You can try disabling the “Product Improvement Program”. Help -> Product Improvement Program. Sometimes if you have firewall issues or internet issues, this could appear to hang while sending information.

Greg

Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:53 AM

Reply by leloki

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with this version.

Could you help me please ?

My config :

WIN 7 pro 64 bits sp 1

Toad 64 bits 12.8.0.49

Thanks !

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks Greg, it worked !!!

That’s perfect.