Toad World® Forums

another Toad lock-up in .53

This happened last night and the last thing I did was open a Session Browser window. I had many SB and Editor windows open, with unsaved work in a couple Editor windows. After about 30 minutes and checking to be sure Session Browser was not doing any database query and determining that Toad was not consuming memory, I killed Toad. No .el file was generated. When I restarted, there were no documents to recover. I tried from the File menu and did a couple more restarts, but no recovery files. I tried again this morning with a restart and a File menu recovery, but no files to recover. This happened last time I had to kill Toad, but after some future restart (and I don’t recall how long but may have been a next day restart) the recovery files magically appeared.

When I restarted Toad this morning, it automatically gave me a list of Recovery Documents from 3/18, last Wednesday - the lock-up incident. In the meantime, beside all the recovery/restart attempts I previously mentioned, I had installed .54 and restarted, and installed .55 on Friday and restarted. The recovery files have a Date modified of 3/18/2015 4:51 p.m. so I’m perplexed as to why they were not recovered until this morning.