Toad 14.1 / Fatal error during SVN Checkout

Always reproductible : crash when I'm trying to checkout an oracle object.

Any idea ?

Hi Christian,

There should be a link within the error to view call stack information. If you can provide that, it would be helpful in determining what the cause of the problem is. From what I can see based on the image you posted, there's a stack overflow happening somewhere. Does this error only happen with a specific Oracle object, or all Oracle objects that you try to check out? Also, when was the last time you restarted Toad?

-John

Hi all,

just for your information, i also managed to get an error like this.
In my case the working directory of my SVN repo was not configured right. So the path was faulty or the repository was not checked out correctly.

Many people in our company ask me because packages do not get checked out correctly, don't get locked in svn or things like that and most problems can be fixed by correcting the configuration.

Also a problem which happens very often, is that the branch folder (Project/Main) gets checked out into the local main folder to the local folder structure looks like "Project/Main/Main".

Maybe @jbowman you can implement some kind of check at VCS logon which indicates if the working directory is correct and the paths are matching with the team coding configuration.

BR, Julian

Hi,

is there any update to my suggestion?

BR, Julian

Hi Julian,

Sorry for the delay in response! I don't see any reason why we couldn't do a check upon login to make sure the configuration matches before continuing. I think that's a good idea. I'll see if I can get that added for the next version of Toad and will let you know when it's available to test in the beta.

Thanks for the suggestion; and again, my apologies for the delay in response!

-John

Hi,

no problem about the delay. I will look forward to the improvement. Thanks.

BR, Julian