Toad 9.7.2 for Oracle hangs on Windows 7

I am using Toad 9.7.2 on Windows 7 64 bit.

It is generally working fine but there is one problem. When I click on certain tables in “Schema Browser” and then click on “Data” tab to see records in them then Toad hangs.

This is only happening for some tables and most of them are working fine. If I run SELECT query to retrieve data from those problemetic tables then it also runs fine. Problem only happens when I try to view records by clicking on “Data” tab.

I thought may those tables contain huge number of records but that’s not the case. One of the table only contain 25 records but still Toad still hangs and then I have to kill the process.

Any idea why this is happening and how to solve this?

EDIT

Found one clue. This is only happening for those tables which have Parent table.

You know there is another tab called “Referential” which shows both Child Tables i.e. “table is referenced by” and Parent Tables “table references”. So if a table has parent table then Toad hangs when I click on “Data” tab for that table.

Try going to options -> Schema Browser -> Data Tab. Uncheck “Enable value lookup of foreign key constraints”. It could be that the queries that this feature runs are just executing slowly.

Yes this fixed the issue. Thanks.