Toad connection to a Oracle 10.2.0.3

Hi,

Sorry I am very new to this tool. I would need to connect to a Oracle 10.2.0.3 . What I have done so far download the sqlplus client and the relevant OCI directory all into one directory. I have set the path, ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN all to this folder where the sqlplus client . There after I tried to run my toad it say no client is found. I am not sure must is my toad the issue ? My toad say 12. 6.0.53 does this correspond to the Oracle version?

It appears that you are trying to use the Oracle “instant client” instead of the “full client”. Please review How to install and configure an Oracle Instant Client for use with Toad for Oracle? (76453) support.quest.com/…/76453. I hope this helps. Kindest regards, Iggy.

Hi Iggy,

I have gone to the oracle website downloaded instantclient-basic-win-x86-64-10.2.0.3.0 and instantclient-sqlplus-win-x86-64-10.2.0.3.0. Then I copied all the content frominstantclient-sqlplus-win-x86-64-10.2.0.3.0 into the other folder. Then I move the whole folder out and set the path in my system environment variable. Still I am no oracle client installed? What else could be my issue.

Hi, i am entirely new to this toad tool. I have down loaded the toad tool and installed. I have to connect to a linux remote server. how do i configure my toad

Morning.

In Toad all you need to do is select session -> New Session and fill in the dialogue that appears with the tnsnames details or ldap details or direct.

If your tnsnames.ora was configured then that just needs an alias name supplying. If not, direct needs the server name, listener port and database sid or service name.

All methods need a database user and password and for sys you need sysdba too.

Have fun.

Welcome to the world of Toad.

Cheers,

Norm [ TeamT ]

On 3 May 2015 06:59:16 BST, viswam59 bounce-viswam59@toadworld.com wrote:

RE: Toad connection to a Oracle 10.2.0.3

Reply by viswam59
Hi, i am entirely new to this toad tool. I have down loaded the toad tool and installed. I have to connect to a linux remote server. how do i configure my toad

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Oracle notifications altogether.

Toad World - Oracle Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

PS. The help in Toad is excellent too. F1 is your friend! :slight_smile:

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.