Here is the scenario. I have set up a query using the query builder within TDP 3.8 (the new release). The query contains several joins, most of which are to subqueries - this is not a cross connection query. Within the subqueries, I have written some complex formulas to be able to select data with a certain date.
Creating the initial query and subquery seems to work fine. Then I need to change one of the formulas in the subquery, and upon finishing the change, Toad stops working and closes.
I have attempted to re-open Toad and make the same formula change with the same results. The query works prior to the formula change, and the change is minimal (replacing one number of days with another number). The work around that I have found is to delete the subquery and re-write it with the new formula. This works, but obviously I would rather not re-write every subquery just to change a formula.
I don’t recall having this kind of situation in TDP 3.7, but I can’t say for sure that I’ve ever tried this exact same situation before.