Toad Data Point ver 3.3

I have encountered a strange error in a new version.

When I open an existing file with SQL scripts, an error is displayed instead of an Editor window. (See the attachment)
toad_3_3_error.txt (15.1 KB)

Not that it’s necessarily the issue, but when looking at your log file I noticed that it appears that your Oracle client is a bit outdated:

OS current culture info:
English (United States)
Connection mode:
Direct connect.
Client version: 9.2.0.0
Oracle Homes:

Your client is 9.2.0.0, but your Oracle DB version is 11.2g:

Server version:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

TDP gets really weird with versions at times - you might try updating your client, if you’re able, and see if the issue goes away.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will check if I can upgrade my Oracle client.

But I think it might be a bug since I have version 3.2 and did not experience a similar problem.

How do you connect to Oracle?

It looks like you use the direct connect mode.

Could you please install Oracle client and connect using the client?

It should help.

Thanks

Aleksey

I have a trouble with modifying Path variable. The client does not allow to install without shortening Path variable.

My current Path has a following value:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\10.0\Bpl.

Do you think I can delete the current value or add to it.

Here is the error I got from Oracle client:

Expected Value

: 1023

Actual Value

: 1226

List of errors:

PRVF-3929 : Adding the Oracle binary location to the PATH environment variable will exceed the OS length limit of [ “1023” ] for the variable on the node “HQTPDZAJAW7” - Cause: The installer needs to update the PATH environment variable to include the value “%ORACLE_HOME%/bin;”. However, doing so will cause PATH to exceed the maximum allowable length that this operating system allows. - Action: Ensure that the sum of the lengths of your current PATH environment variable and that of “%ORACLE_HOME%/bin;” does not exceed the operating system limit. Restart the installer after correcting the setting for environment variable.

Sorry but I cannot advise about deleting the entry C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\10.0\Bpl.

It looks like it’s there for Delphi or/and C++Builder but I don’t know if it’s used or not.

Sincerely

Aleksey

Yes,

I do have Delphi installed; but I wonder why this version is so unstable in comparison to 3.2. Today, I was not able to drag and drop a file a sql file into the editor.

I have a hard time to believe that installing Oracle Client would solve the problem.

Here is an error generated caused by dragging a file with a mouse into the editor window.

System.Exception

NET: Unknown error 1

Stack Trace:

at Devart.Data.Oracle.DirectUtils.c(Int32 A_0)

at Devart.Data.Oracle.ar.c()

at Devart.Data.Oracle.aa.a(Int32 A_0, bw A_1)

at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.InternalExecute(CommandBehavior behavior, IDisposable disposable, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean nonQuery)

at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior, Boolean nonQuery)

at Devart.Data.Oracle.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at Quest.Toad.Oracle.DBMS.DBMSOutputMonitor.PollDbConnection(OracleConnection conn, Int32 waitMilliseconds)

If you look at the error stack in your fist post you will see exactly the same stack as the last one. That’s why I advise you to install Oracle client and use TNS connection in this case as well.

Sincerely

Aleksey

Ok,

I will update the PATH and see if I can install Oracle Client.

Ok,

I have loaded Oracle Client.

My Path contains: C:\app\TPDZAJA\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin;

Also I created TNS_ADMIN

c:\app\TPDZAJA\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\

However, the option to use Oracle Client is still grayed out in TDI 3.3.

Any thoughts.

Just a thought. I installed Toad 32 bit. I am running Oracle 64 bit so it is Client.

Would it be a conflict ?

Nothing worked. I removed version 3.3 and will continue use 3.2 as it is stable and works on the direct connection.

I might give a try in the future when I re-install my OS. Hope you will fix the errors in a future updates then I will renew my license.

TDP 3.3 supports only 32 bit Oracle client.

Sorry for inconvenient.

Aleksey