Toad for Data Analysis 2.0

Hi;

From Toad for data analysis unable to connect to a sybase database (version 12.0.0.8) on HP Unix server, I have the following error message :

Statusbar: 26/03/2009 12:08:30: Language name in login record ‘french’ is not an official name on this SQL Server. Using default ‘us_english’ from syslogins instead. (Remembered answer: “OK”. Enable)

An idea on this error ?

Regards;

I found a Sybase ODBC driver CR that is very similar to the problem that you have. I’m curious if this also affects the ADO.NET Driver. You can see the CR at http://search.sybase.com/kbx/changerequests?bug_id=545538. Can you possibly provide me with the language packs that you have installed on the server as well as the locale of the client machine?

Thanks.

Hi ;

“Can you possibly provide me with the language packs that you have installed on the server as well as the locale of the client machine?”

The Sybase server is on HP Unix server and the client machine is a XP Windows : how I can know the language packs installed on the two machines ?

Regards

This seems to be a server configuration issue. Is there a Sybase DBA that can help you correctly configure the server? Also are you able to connect with another tool from the same XP machine?