Toad for Oracle Base v 12.0.0.61 with DB admin module / Utilities scheduling

Hello,

Just very quick questions… goal : i’m trying to schedule toad_db_monitor_collect.sh

a) could you please let me know where TOADMonitoring.sql script is?Or how should i run it?

b) though the “check required elements” says that all elements are present but i know they are not… it has not created TOAD_% tables for this particular monitoring nor has edited the crontab for the runs and the shell/ directory is empty…(the osuser is oracle and the connections and permission are just fine, it’s just not doing what it’s meant to)so my question is does my current version allow me to do this? if yes, where can i see the logs to figure out where it’s failing…?? your inputs are valuable…

c) any doc or pointers i can follow …?

regards…

That script was written some time ago - back when toad used to require you to manually run scripts to create toad database objects to support features. I suspect that these objects are now created on demand by the screen needing them and no longer requiring users to manually run a script or database creation wizard (was was required in days past). So it should probably work that the Cron job scheudler screen creates these auto-magiocalyl for user. I’m going to defer to mark though on this one since I think he did the work on this screen …

Hello-

I think the Brachiosaurus was munching on tree foliage back when that was written.

All of those UNIX scripts were authored by Bert Scalzo, the Toad DBA Module architect, so I will have to defer to him to answer this.

Regards,

Mark

From: sri_ramasamy [mailto:bounce-sri_ramasamy@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:00 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad for Oracle Base v 12.0.0.61 with DB admin module / Utilities scheduling

Toad for Oracle Base v 12.0.0.61 with DB admin module / Utilities scheduling

Thread created by sri_ramasamy

Hello,

Just very quick questions… goal : i’m trying to schedule toad_db_monitor_collect.sh

a) could you please let me know where TOADMonitoring.sql script is?Or how should i run it?

b) though the “check required elements” says that all elements are present but i know they are not… it has not created TOAD_% tables for this particular monitoring nor has edited the crontab
for the runs and the shell/ directory is empty…(the osuser is oracle and the connections and permission are just fine, it’s just not doing what it’s meant to)so my question is does my current version allow me to do this? if yes, where can i see the logs
to figure out where it’s failing…?? your inputs are valuable…

c) any doc or pointers i can follow …?

regards…

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

so, what i understand is;

a) the comment just is sticking around from 2002 and is of no meaning…

#-------------------------------------------------------

File: toad_db_monitor_collect.sh

Desc: Perform Collection of TOAD Database Monitor Data

Note that TOADMonitoring.sql must be run in order

to setup the necessary tables.

b) when i say deploy i see this

Creating deployment directories…

Copying scheduler system files to deployment directories…

Copying task files to deployment directories…

Modifying server environment scripts…

Creating crontab files…

Creating server directories on xxxxxxxxxxxxxx using SSH

but then all the log/, shell/, tmp/ directories are empty, which brings to my question how should i schedule toad_db_monitor_collect.sh??

regards…

I’m going to have to revisit those scripts (and the possibly missing object creation) since they have not been looked at in ages - and because all those scripts were written back in Oracle 9i/10g days - before Oracle decided to reorg how they do directories. So this is not going to be fixed in short order, but promise to review and address for release post 12.5.