Toad Intelligence Central - Scheduling Options

When publishing an automation script to TIC, is there a way to schedule the script to run once every 2 hours from 9:45 am to 1:45 pm (3 times each weekday)?

I can set up this type of automation schedule in toad data point on my desktop, but haven’t located a way to do this kind of automation schedule within TIC. It doesn’t appear that TIC uses the Task Scheduler to set up schedules - is there some other software that I can work with to set up these kinds of schedules?

There are other scheduling options that I would like to utilize if I could find additional options under TIC.

I have two ideas for this. You can install Toad Data Point on the server and use the task manager in the same way you do on your desktop. This would be independent of Toad Intelligence Central.

Or, you could rewrite your automation script to run only once a day. Put your activities in a loop and add a 2 hour Pause activity at the end of our activities. Here you can control the number of times you loop through your activities and the amount of time to wait between executions.

Thanks for the response, Debbie.

I did try your 2nd idea - a single automation with a pause. It seemed to function properly, but then I tried setting up a different automation that was scheduled to run during the pause period, and neither automation ran. When viewing the scheduling list for the 1st job (the one with the pause), the status is shown as “running” during the pause period, so I wondered if another job could run at the same time. Is it possible to have multiple jobs running while another is paused?

I am thinking that perhaps another alternative is to schedule 3 separate automations, basically running the same script 3 times with different start times throughout the day.

There should be no issues running multiple automation scripts.

When an automation script is in a pause activity it is essentially still running the same script so the status would be “running”.

If you would like to debug this, open a support case and we can get more details on what you are seeing.

OK. I now have this set up as 3 separate automation scripts.

I am guessing that the scheduling option works as it is intended, so debugging is probably not necessary. It could be an enhancement, however, as it would be best if we could set up this kind of schedule directly through the TIC scheduler, just like we are able to do in Toad Data Point.

Can you post a screenshot of the scheduler settings you used in Toad Data Point

Sure. The screen shot is of the publishing screen. It look like scheduling 3 times per day is not an available option.

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:23 AM

To: toadintelligencecentral@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] Toad Intelligence Central - Scheduling Options

RE: Toad Intelligence Central - Scheduling Options

Reply by Debbie Peabody

Can you post a screenshot of the scheduler settings you used in Toad Data Point

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Intelligence Central - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks. I actually wanted to see a screenshot of how you did this using the Widows scheduler. Do you mind postimg that?

I had been able to schedule this through Toad Data Point using the advanced scheduling options. I believe the Task Scheduler has similar options.

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 2:42 PM

To: toadintelligencecentral@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] Toad Intelligence Central - Scheduling Options

RE: Toad Intelligence Central - Scheduling Options

Reply by Debbie Peabody

Thanks. I actually wanted to see a screenshot of how you did this using the Widows scheduler. Do you mind postimg that?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Intelligence Central - General
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Thanks. I entered this as QAT-6816

How do you ask new questions here?