Toad Pivot Grid - TDP v3.3

Dear All,

I have just started getting my hands dirty with Toad Pivot grids and I must say a very handy feature. Kudos!

I would like to get your opinion on my findings/questions

1. Once the TPG file is dumped to XLSX, I tried setting up the data filters and noticed that the filters are absolute i.e., unlike a regular excel filter where all the other columns get affected based on selection of one column. The generated excel somehow shows blank for all columns apart from the one which I have selected to filter on.

2. Like excel, where the user can double click on any row in the Pivot Table and those set of row(s) would open up in a worksheet, is there a way to enable this for the Toad Pivot Grid output(s)

Thank you for your guidance.

Regards,

Prashant

Dear All,

The current workaround that I am using is to use a macro based template where I execute the macro After Export to create the Pivot Table on a new sheet. However, using the Export Wizard as reported earlier there seems to be an issue with the DateTime stamp which is based on 12HR instead of 24HR clock. The third option that I tried was to dump the data to excel file and run an external VBScript to format and as per the requirement.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Prashant

To get a true Excel experience I would suggest using the Quick Export to Pivot Grid. Right click on any result grid and choose | Quick Export | Excel Instance pivot Grid. This will push the data to Excel as a pivot type.

These types of excel files can also be refreshed in automation.

Debbie

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for your response.

The Quick Export worked as expected.

On the automation side, I wanted to confirm whether I was selecting the right option.

To achieve this bit I am creating and Export Template and will dump to an Excel Instance which already has the Pivot Table and will set the Excel to refresh data.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thank you for your time and guidance.

Regards,

Prashant

Yes, you are exactly correct!

Here is video on the subject, but I think you get how to do it.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-data-point/m/media-library/586.aspx

Debbie

From: ciphersbak [mailto:bounce-prakash_10327@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:22 PM

To: toaddatapoint@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum] Toad Pivot Grid - TDP v3.3

RE: Toad Pivot Grid - TDP v3.3

Reply by ciphersbak

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for your response.

The Quick Export worked as expected.

On the automation side, I wanted to confirm whether I was selecting the right option.

To achieve this bit I am creating and Export Template and will dump to an Excel Instance which already has the Pivot Table and will set the Excel to refresh data.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Thank you for your time and guidance.

Regards,

Prashant

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Data Point - General
notifications altogether.

Toad Data Point - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.