toad reconnect bug

hi!

when toad reconnect to a session,is prompt ORA-03135,the bug appears.it's exist in toad 11.6.1,toad 12.0.0.47-12.0.0.52.

the attachment file is a video appears the problem.(1,the bottom windows appear a blank area.2,cannot exit toad unitl kill toad.exe in taskmgr.)

my os is xp sp3 32bit,toad 12.0.0.52.

waiting for you reply,thanks.
toad reconnect bug.zip (433 KB)

I don’t think this is a Toad bug. I think the problem has something to do with your environment.

Read this, the solution may be to change a SQL Net parameter.

http://www.oracle-experts.info/ora-03135-connection-lost-contact

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:59 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@beta.toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] toad reconnect bug

hi!

when toad reconnect to a session,is prompt ORA-03135,the bug appears.it’s exist in toad 11.6.1,toad 12.0.0.47-12.0.0.52.

the attachment file is a video appears the problem.(1,the bottom windows appear a blank area.2,cannot exit toad unitl kill toad.exe in taskmgr.)

my os is xp sp3 32bit,toad 12.0.0.52.

waiting for you reply,thanks.

appreciate for your reply,yes,ORA-03135 and (Toad and ORA-03135) itself not a bug,but the problem is after Toad processed ORA-03135(reconnect a session),Toad can’t regular exit until kill it’s process, Toad 12.0.0.46 hasn’t this problem in the same environment.Thanks.

I will look back at the source between .46 and .47 to check, but I don’t think we made any changes that would affect this.

In the meantime, please try the SQL Net parameter and let me know if it solves the problem.

i follows the url content add a parameter sqlnet.expire_time = 10 to the oracle server sqlnet.ora,than capture oracle generate Dead connection detection frame to Toad every 10 minutes over the iptables,than ORA-03135 not occurs.

but I think Toad will process ORA-03135 as a exception,to reconnect the database,and can work as normal continuous.

sorry for my poor english.

Thanks.