Toad Schema Report...

Hi,

I’m new here and I’m new in using Toad. So first: Hello !

Im using the commercial version of Toad (5.7). One point that I need verry often are schema reports for my tables and views. While using this tool I have the following problems:

1. Each time I start the module I have to set all the options again (selection of what to print…). In 99% of the usage I only need three points. Columns, Columns Types and Columns Comments. How can I tell Toad what my preffered selection is…

2. The schema report is made for “Letter”-Format. We use A4-Format. So if I press “print” without manualy change the format prior I get an error on the printer and must cancel the job in the printer…

3. Similar isue than point 2. How can I customize the report? I like to change the font etc. Also I like to eliminate the “#”-Column in front of the fields… This column makes it hard to read the report…

Can anybody help me?

Alex

Hello Alex!

We’re very sorry for the delay.

About your questions:

1. I agree with you that this is currently not convenient functionality. Now you can use this solution as workaround.

Open Schema Report for any object.
Select the points that you need.
Save the report template (CTRL+S).
Open it each time when you need generate report with specific settings.

And I created enhancement request for this improvement.

1. Your points about Schema report customizing are actually known issues. We have already CR#98711 in our issue tracker. Unfortunately it isn’t fixed for TSS 5.8 release, but should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for your report.

Best regards, Julia.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but i have the same problem whit the A4 printing. I just downloaded the newest version (6.0.0.323) and still have to change to A4 every time i want to print a report. Is there a solution for it or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Best regards, Roman