Toad v12.1 and VMware Thinapp Packing

We currently utilize VMware Thinapp for many of our clients. The only product we have found that does not work with Thinapp packing is TOAD. We haev the latest DBA and Development version (12.1). Are there any plans to support this in the near future. I have been told that v12.5 is soon to be out and may support it. Is this true and if so, what is the release date.

Thank you

Hi, This is an old post, but just wondered if you ever got TOAD working as VMware Thinapp? I have a need to run it as a thinapp but struggling to get it working.

When you say “It does not work”, what exactly do you mean? It won’t start? It won’t connect to a DB? It crashes?

When i start it on the assigned desktop It does actually start eventually after clicking ignore several times on Thinapp error messages. I am just re-thinapping it after finding some advice in the VMware communities. I am a VMware person and not a TOAD/Oracle bod so once it has started i am unable to tell if it is working as expected. I will ask out Oracle people to take a look. I hope i can get the thinapp errors to go away as its not ideal. Thanks for replying.

Something to keep in mind is that Toad needs access to the %APPDATA%\Dell (or Quest Software depending on the version) as well as the %temp% folder. In addition, you need access to a working Oracle client (either a full or instant client will work).

Greg

From: jbirchhorn [mailto:bounce-jbirchhorn@toadworld.com]

Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:35 AM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Toad v12.1 and VMware Thinapp Packing

RE: Toad v12.1 and VMware Thinapp Packing

Reply by jbirchhorn

When i start it on the assigned desktop It does actually start eventually after clicking ignore several times on Thinapp error messages. I am just re-thinapping it after finding some advice in the VMware communities. I am a VMware person and not a TOAD/Oracle bod so once it has started i am unable to tell if it is working as expected. I will ask out Oracle people to take a look. I hope i can get the thinapp errors to go away as its not ideal. Thanks for replying.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Got the Oracle client as part of the thinapp. Will check the thinapp can access the other variables. Thanks.

It appears to work now! I had to set the TNS_ADMIN environment variable in Windows and make sure i did not open TOAD before running the Thinapp postscan. I had been opening it before to make sure it had installed ok. Over to the oracle peeps now to properly test it. Thanks for the advice.