Two issues occurring in TDA 3.0.0.1694

I had been running TDA Beta 3.0 for many month with no issues. Since the beta was so stable I thought upgrading to TDA 3.0.0.1694 would be just as good. However, since upgrading I have noticed several issues.

1. Many time when starting up TDA it does not maximize correctly to full monitor size. I have to minimize window, close out and then reopen TDA. It then comes up maximized to full screen just fine. Not a huge issue but pain to deal with all the time.

2. I typically open up two separate copies of TDA, one for each of the two monitors I have. I am getting a lot of lockups on one of the open copies running which requires me to do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end the process and restart.

When running the Beta version of 3.0 I never experienced these issues. Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,
thanks for the info. Can you please share with me what are you connecing to - Oracle (your Oracle client version, or you use direct connect?), SQL Server, DB2 etc. ?

thanks,
Alex

SQL Server 2008 - 10.0.4000.0

Make sure you have the "Allow multiple copies of Toad to run" checked.

Debbie

I’ve had “Allow multiple copies of Toad to run” checked since version 2.1

Let’s not assume that running two copies is causing the lock up. The next time you get a lockup please remember what was occuring just before. I would like to track it down that way.

Or we may try using windebug. But for right now let’s try the above.

Debbie

I have not had any lock ups in the past couple days so maybe it was related to something else. However, I am still experiencing this issue daily.

1. Many time when starting up TDA it does not maximize correctly to full monitor size. I have to minimize window, close out and then reopen TDA. It then comes up maximized to full screen just fine. Not a huge issue but pain to deal with all the time.

I'm attaching a screenshot of how my whole PC screen looks like when TDA 3.0 starts up. Note the blue bar accross the top.

I can remember having this same issue in version 2.6 and then it seemed to be resolved in 2.7 but is now back in 3.0.