two schema snapshots and need to log in to compare?

This is not a serious issues but I am curious, why do I need to log into a database first, before I can compare to schema snapshot files?

I save a snapshot file for the same schema from two different databases. I want to compare them. There should be no need to log into a database to do this. But compare schemas is not available unless you log in. Guess it is just a quirk of the software?

thanks. Kevin

It’s a good point. You shouldn’t have to log into the database to compare snapshot files. I’ll take a look at this.

It is really a small thing. It is easy enough just to pick some database and log in. I imagine too there is probably much more important stuff for you to be looking at.

But… I believe schema snapshots is one of the most under-used features of Toad. Anything that we can do to promote its use would be a good thing all around.

Kevin Meade

1.860.886.7403 (Home#) (Has answering machine)

• I am a remote worker. To contact me first look for me online and send me a chat or email. Otherwise feel free please to call 860.886.7403 (home# with answering machine). If I do not respond within 10 minutes or you have an emergency, please call 860.334.6001(my wife’s cell#).*

Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 1:42 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] two schema snapshots and need to log in to compare?

RE: two schema snapshots and need to log in to compare?

Reply by Mike Hamer

It’s a good point. You shouldn’t have to log into the database to compare snapshot files. I’ll take a look at this.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.