Using Team Coding with TFS 2010 - separate directories

As we have many many DB objects in our TFS repository it has been configures so that each package (and it’s associated tables/views) are in their own TFS folder. (see image below)

tfs.png

How can i configure the team coding (TOAD 12.1) so that it’s smart enough to work out where to “find” each object?

I’m not inclined to change it over to a monolithic repository structure as i for one don’t fancy searching through over 8000 objects when i’m looking for something

Cheers

Jon

From the screen shot below it is not clear which folders control packages etc … can give a brief example of how this should work ?

I am not sure it is possible as you describe. With the limited information available here is my first stab at it. You probably already know much of the information
here J

Code Collections enable you to map controlled objects in the database to a VCS Project Folder. Multiple Code Collections may not be mapped to the same project
folder, but you may add multiple Code Collection lines to same code collection. To add multiple lines simply select ‘Add’ from the Code Collections Tab in the Team Coding Dashboard. Instead of entering a new name each time you add a new line, you can select
an existing Code Collection name from the drop down on the Code Collection Edit Dialog. This way it is quite easy to select all the object types for a schema and control them in a single project folder. Similarly, you can control objects in separate folders
by creating separate Code Collections.

It gets more difficult if you are trying to separate groups of objects from the same schema. A possible way to do this would be to have a naming convention
on the objects. e.g All objects for Package1 would have a prefix PKG1. You would then enter PKG1% in the Name Mask field of the Code Collection. As I am not sure if this would work, or how complicated it might be to set up, I would test this with a single
scenario first.

Let me know if this helps

Stephen

From: TheFlyingBadger [mailto:bounce-jon_520@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 8:00 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Using Team Coding with TFS 2010 - separate directories

Using Team Coding with TFS 2010 - separate directories

Thread created by TheFlyingBadger

As we have many many DB objects in our TFS repository it has been configures so that each package (and it’s associated tables/views) are in their own TFS folder. (see
image below)

How can i configure the team coding (TOAD 12.1) so that it’s smart enough to work out where to “find” each object?

I’m not inclined to change it over to a monolithic repository structure as i for one don’t fancy searching through over 8000 objects when i’m looking for something

Cheers

Jon

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.