When a 'Publish' fails - Where to look for the issue?

OK - last one for today…

When I have published a new script, and it runs, sometimes it just clocks until I have to cancel from TDP. I tried looking for a log file to determine what the issue is.

There is non on local machine for TDP. Is there something I can check on server that will tell me where the script was at when it started clocking/failed?

i would try this.

1. When you publish the script uncheck the Test at bottom. This will publish the script but not run.

2. Then open up the manage script window and manually run the script. Be patient it takes time to start a copy of TDP on the TIC server and run.

3. When done you can look at the log tab and see the output.

Other things you can try are:

1. Adding email to begin, middle and end of script to tell you if it is reaching a specific point.

2. In the info tab of the script you published, you can see the path that it will run the script. If you have remote acccess to the TIC server you can go to that path and look for the log file in the Automation dir, It opens and writes to the log as it goes along.

If these things do not solve your issues, please open a support case and as to have a subcase sent to me.

Thanks again Debbie.

From your answer, it appears that TIC doesn’t run the actual script, but TDP does?

I published from TDP 3.7. 3.7 seems to me to be the most stable for all the different things I use it for. Seems the TIC server installed TDP 4.0. Can there be issues with them being different? Can I also install 3.7 along with 4.0? I know on my desktop I run 3 versions. I know that the location of the log wouldn’t be the same for those two different versions. Also, the server is 2012 and doesn’t seem to have same file structure of my Win7 machine the script was developed on.

Remember a few years back when TDP was scrambling my Excel spreadsheets? It seems a similar problem I’ve noticed. After stopping the publish run, I find that the excel spreadsheet on the server is missing my macros sheet as well as a pivot sheet.

I’d love to get this server running and off load some of our teams scripts, but can’t risk it until everything is worked out.

Pete

When using Toad Intelligence Central to run automation scripts it can only use one version. By default it will try to use the latest version. But you can force it to use a different version by setting a value in an ini file.

Running a macros is best done by the TDP Beta that we have posted. I would suggest you try using that Beta and then if there are any more issue open up a support ticket. Here we can work with you one on one to get this all up and running.

Thanks Debbie.

I HIGHLY suggest that there be a way to select the version you want to run and publish to during the publish process. There is far too much importance at the server level than at the desktop level. Perhaps a dropdown with the currently installed version. Default to the version that matches the user’s desktop if there is a match. Highest version if not.

I’ve gone through a lot of pain on my desktop version upgrading. I’m not willing to do that to a server with 7 or 8 people using.

Also, do I use up a license from our pool of TDP licenses or does the TDP version(s) on the TIC server know that it is running on the TIC server and consume it’s license for its own?

Thanks,

Pete

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:13 PM

To: toadintelligencecentral@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] When a ‘Publish’ fails - Where to look for the issue?

RE: When a ‘Publish’ fails - Where to look for the issue?

Reply by Debbie Peabody

When using Toad Intelligence Central to run automation scripts it can only use one version. By default it will try to use the latest version. But you can force it to use a different version by setting a value in an ini file.

Running a macros is best done by the TDP Beta that we have posted. I would suggest you try using that Beta and then if there are any more issue open up a support ticket. Here we can work with you one on one to get this all up and running.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Intelligence Central Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi Debbie,

I installed the Beta on my PC & the TIC Server. The script now works on my PC. But I’m getting an error on the TIC server.

Automation script “SFA_DDoS_42@20170228110958” had errors while executing. The exception messages are listed below and the log file is attached.

Continue on Error Exception Messages:

Export_Remedy - Cannot run the macro ‘RunReport’. The macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

I made sure all the Excel settings are the same on my PC & Server. Is there something about how the Excel runs on the server different? Is there a way to make sure the Excel settings are the same for ALL users that publish scripts?

Thanks,

Pete

From: Debbie Peabody [mailto:bounce-Debbie_Peabody@toadworld.com]

Sent: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:13 PM

To: toadintelligencecentral@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad Intelligence Central - General Discussion] When a ‘Publish’ fails - Where to look for the issue?

RE: When a ‘Publish’ fails - Where to look for the issue?

Reply by Debbie Peabody

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad Intelligence Central Forum
notifications altogether.

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I believe you have an open support case on this. I was talking to my developer the other day and he has an idea of something we might be able to do in code. But when i tested this scenario it works for me. Can you tell me about Excel on the TIC server? is it installed? What version is it? Is it shared to all users? Excel does expect to run under a profile. Have you run Excel on the server and enabled macros and trusted VB scripts? I understand you do not want to have to do this for each user. But when I published a script using ID of someone who has never logged onto that server, it worked. Of course i had already changed the two settings in the trust center options.