Toad World® Forums

Workspace and Editor

Toad always prompts to reload a file, because it has been modified. I think it shouldn’t be asked because workspace uses the current state of files.

T.

Have you played with this option? Editor > Open/Save: “prompt for reload on activation if timestamp has changed”

Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:43 AM

To: toadoraclebeta@toadworld.com

Subject: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Workspace and Editor

Workspace and Editor

Thread created by drbubo20

Toad always prompts to reload a file, because it has been modified. I think it shouldn’t be asked because workspace uses the current state of files.

T.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This option is ON for me, because I’m mostly working with files in the Editor.

There is no new information about this issue. Should I treat the solution is to turn off “prompt for reload files…” in Options|Editor? I don’t think this would be the best solution, as I mentioned.

Other issue with Workspaces that Toad doesn’t load Master-Detail configuration file automatically.

I completely missed the fact that you were working with workspaces. When exactly does toad prompt to reload file? Can you give me steps to reproduce this
behavior?

I see the Master/Detail issue too

Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 6:05 AM

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum] Workspace and Editor

RE: Workspace and Editor

Reply by drbubo20

There is no new information about this issue. Should I treat the solution is to turn off “prompt for reload files…” in Options|Editor? I don’t think this would be the best solution, as I mentioned.

Other issue with Workspaces that Toad doesn’t load Master-Detail configuration file automatically.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

This question only happens once in every kind of tabs which content loaded from physical file.

Is this happening when closing Toad? Are you expecting not to get prompted to save a file because the workspace is saving the content of the file already?

If so, the workspace saves the content of the file in a temp file and the original file is not saved. I think the prompt is warranted here.

Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 12:09 PM

Reply by drbubo20

This question only happens once in every kind of tabs which content loaded from physical file.

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Brad,

No, this happens after you start Toad and load a workspace which contains such kind of tab that reference to a physical file.

I send you a sample offline, please try to load “Files.Need.To.Reload” workspace.

I don’t think the question “Reload file…” should be appear to those tabs that come from files, because files don’t change at all.

Tamas

OK, I see what you’re talking about. This only happens when “prompt for reload on activation if timestamp has changed”. I’ll send your files/steps along to
a developer to look at.

Thanks!

Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:31 AM

Reply by drbubo20

Brad,

No, this happens after you start Toad and load a workspace which contains such kind of tab that reference to a physical file.

I send you a sample offline, please try to load “Files.Need.To.Reload” workspace.

I don’t think the question “Reload file…” should be appear to those tabs that come from files, because files don’t change at all.

Tamas

Or

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Brad,

Do you have any information about this issue?

This bug is logged in our system, status = open

Thanks.