6.3, 6.3.1 SqlNav taking over settings from 6.2.1: seems to hang

Hello,

I installed SqlNav 6.3 (after uninstalling 6.3 beta and 6.2.1), and when started, it offers to take over the settings from 6.2.1. If selecting to do this, SqlNav remains active as a process (taking 100% of a CPU core!) but never “starts”.
Same thing happens with 6.3.1.

Hi

I will try to reproduce the issue here but I need some more information from you.

Can you please give me the following details:

• what operating system do you have?

• Did you upgrade 6.2.1 or do a side by side installation

• Is 6.2.1 running when you install 6.3?

• do you still have 6.3 and 6.3.1 installed or have you removed them?

• what order did you do the installations, eg, 6.2.1, 6.3, 6.3.1 beta, then 6.3.1? or did you do something different

• If there is anything else you think might be relevant to the install please also let me know.

regards
Lidia

Message was edited by: Lidia

Lidia,

I uninstalled the 6.3.1 version, leaving only version 5.5.4 installed, reinstalled version 6.3.1 and restarted SqlNav. It again asked me whether to take over the 6.2.1 settings, which I confirmed. The program was present as a process, did not show a UI, but consumed 100% CPU of one core. I waited about 15 minutes, and as it was lunchtime, I left it running in “zombie-mode”. After lunch, to my surprise, SqlNav had started up!

Maybe it took a long time to import the settings? I’m running SqlNav on a P4 3.2GHz (hyperthreaded to provide 2 pseudo-cores) which is a bit - ahem - dated, but it’s by no means a slouch…

Anyway, since then, SqlNav starts up smoothly.

If you need anything (settings file?) please let me know.

I have tried to do a variation of installs with the information you have given me.

I have also done extensive installation testing with 6.3.1 previously and have not seen what you have described.

I would suggest that perhaps we leave this for the moment, and if the issue occurs again we will try to get to the bottom of it and if it never happens again then maybe it was something environmental at the time.

Please let me know if this is ok with you
Unless we can find a way to reproduce this I am not sure it is worth pursuing for the moment.

regards
Lidia

This is OK, as it seems that I’m the only one with the problem.