Toad World® Forums

Allow to cancel Reconnect dialog using ESC

It has happened several times that after Hibernation the reconnect dialog is displayed behind a describe window. Since I cannot see the dialog I try to cancel it using ESC, but it does not close.

Could you allow ESC to cancel the reconnect dialog?

It seems like the bigger issue is the “wake up” prompt coming up behind the describe dialog. I’ll get that fixed for next beta. Will also add ESC if I can, there may be some reason why we don’t.

I have the same problem. This mostly works for me:

Click toad on the task bar to make it active. I sometimes click something rlse first, then Toad, to be sure.

Alt-space

M

Use the arrow keys to move the hidden dialogue out from under the describe window.

HTH

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

That’s a good tip, Norm, but I don’t want users to have to rely on it!

If any other prompts are getting stuck behind describe dialogs, please let me know.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Hi John,

Great! I was afraid that you could not fix the acutal issue, since Z-order problems like this have been around forever.

@Norm: Thanks! I actually tried that, but it did not work for me. I guess it is because this dialog does not have the top left icon to trigger the context menu.

What I used to work around this problem is a shortcut that has saved me several times while working with TOAD: Ctrl + Alt + Esc

Actually, I could not reproduce it (I tried SDI and MDI modes). But I made Toad minimize stay on top windows before showing the “PC has Awakened” prompt, then restore them afterwards.