Recovered Documents

I’ve had a number of lock-ups and crashes with the new beta and in the process finally figured out what the problem with the recovered documents. It is only giving me the option to recover documents that were from tabs that were not associated with a file. So if I had a file open and had been editing it but hadn’t saved it when TOAD crashes, it does not show up in the list of recoverable documents. :frowning:

Blessings,

Phyllis

Phyllis Helton

Data Magician
Digital Strategies, Cru | Data Sciences & Analytics
Office :phone: 407-515-4452

phyllis.helton@cru.org

I cannot reproduce, but I see some code funk when working in split editor mode. Does this happen for all files? Did you have the editor split for the files that were problematic? I've resolved the split editor mode funk which is all that I see at the moment.

Thanks,

Michael

On 12/30/2014 11:25 AM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Recovered Documents

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
I've had a number of lock-ups and crashes with the new beta and in the process finally figured out what the problem with the recovered documents. It is only giving me the option to recover documents that were from tabs that were not associated
with a file. So if I had a file open and had been editing it but hadn't saved it when TOAD crashes, it does not show up in the list of recoverable documents. :frowning:

Blessings,

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

Digital Strategies, Cru |
Data Sciences & Analytics

phyllis.helton@cru.org

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Beta Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

I do use the split editor quite a bit, so that might have been it. I am not certain if that was the case for these situations, but guess we'll find out. :slight_smile:

Something is happening with the SQL history as well. I was looking for something I ran a couple of weeks ago and discovered my SQL history is missing between Oct 20 and Dec. 31 though I am positive I've run at least a few SQL statements since then. :slight_smile: I'm guessing it got lost one of the times TOAD crashed, but don't necessarily understand why it would have preserved the pre-Oct 20 statements.

Thanks for looking at this.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Michael Staszewski bounce-mstaszew@toadworld.com wrote:

Re: Recovered Documents

Reply by Michael Staszewski
I cannot reproduce, but I see some code funk when working in split editor mode. Does this happen for all files? Did you have the editor split for the files that were problematic? I've resolved the split editor mode funk which is all that I see at the moment.

Thanks,
Michael

On 12/30/2014 11:25 AM, phyllis.helton_1150 wrote:

Recovered Documents

Thread created by phyllis.helton_1150
I've had a number of lock-ups and crashes with the new beta and in the process finally figured out what the problem with the recovered documents. It is only giving me the option to recover documents that were from tabs that were not associated with a file. So if I had a file open and had been editing it but hadn't saved it when TOAD crashes, it does not show up in the list of recoverable documents. :frowning:

Blessings,

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Helton
Data Magician
phyllis.helton@cru.org

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - Beta notifications altogether.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Phyllis Helton

Data Magician

phyllis.helton@cru.org