Assign a color to TOAD when starting from shortcut with connection-info

I have some shortcuts with use, password and database in the command line (to save some time).

Can I assign a color to TOAD when I started it with

“C:…\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 9.7”\toad.exe -c user/psswrd@database

If I give it a color in the list of connection I’ve already used, the color is lost when starting it from command-line.

Thanks Dirk - I see this in the latest version as well and I think it should probably follow the same connection rules. I’ll create a change request for this and have the Developers take a look.

Hi, now I’m using TOAD 12.0.0.61.

Starting TOAD and then chose a New Connection gives me the right color (assigned at the logon-form) at the bottom.

Is there a posibility toad start TOAD from command-line with some params, i.e.color my connection (production = red, development = green).

**path\toad.exe -c **username/password@hostname +color-param?

Thx,

Dirk

Sorry, there is no way to specify connection color from the command prompt. That’s not a bad idea though.

In the current version, If you have set a color set for a connection in the login window, then you make that connection by command line, Toad will use whatever color you set. This didn’t work in 12.0, it was a bug, but I just double-checked it in 12.10 and it works there. Looks like we fixed it for Toad 12.1, just after your post in 2013.

Thx for your quick response.

Another question:

I have several connections in the logon dialog and I want to save the passwords but that doesn’t work.

In the list, the ‘Save passwords’ is disabled

and via “edit login record”

putting in the password and “Save Password” checked

the next time I’m starting Toad 12.0.0.61, the passwords are’t remembered so I have to put it in again.

Am I doing something wrong?

(I already removed CONNECTIONPWDS.INI and retryed is again …)

Mvg,

Dirk (
6569)

Van: John Dorlon [mailto:bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com]

Verzonden: donderdag 11 mei 2017 15:40

Aan: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Onderwerp: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Assign a color to TOAD when starting from shortcut with connection-info

RE: Assign a color to TOAD when starting from shortcut with connection-info

Reply by John Dorlon

Sorry, there is no way to specify connection color from the command prompt. That’s not a bad idea though.

In the current version, If you have set a color set for a connection in the login window, then you make that connection by command line, Toad will use whatever color you set. This didn’t work in 12.0, it was a bug, but I just double-checked it in 12.10 and it works there.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Looks like saving of passwords was disabled from Toad Group Policy Manager.

Or possibly a read-only version or it was installed via command line MSI save password disabled switch.

Thx.

“Or possibly a read-only version or it was installed via command line MSI save password disabled switch.”

TOAD has been installed via msi.

Is seems that we have to reinstall TOAD because is ‘t not possible to update that param.

http://www.toadworld.com/products/toad-for-oracle/f/10/t/22237

Our Helpdesk-department will make a new msi.

Many thx for the quick response.

Mvg,

Dirk ( 6569)

Van: John Dorlon [mailto:bounce-jdorlon@toadworld.com]

Verzonden: donderdag 11 mei 2017 16:50

Aan: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Onderwerp: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Assign a color to TOAD when starting from shortcut with connection-info

RE: Assign a color to TOAD when starting from shortcut with connection-info

Reply by John Dorlon

Looks like saving of passwords was disabled from Toad Group Policy Manager.

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

Hi ,

What is the status on specifying color of your editor window on the basis of your connection used (production == RED, acceptation==BLEU, TEST==GREEN).

I know you can change color of your connection. But I want to be able to change the color of your whole interface (EDITOR, Datagrid) on the basis of the connection you choose.

If have been using TOAD , I think since 2000 or something. Why can’t this be made possible? Please what is the status?