Cannot see New Connection dialog box when remote controlling

Hi

I am having trouble with seeing the New Connection dialog when remote controlling my pc in the office from home.

In the office I have two screens and like to see Toad on the right screen.

However when remote controlling from my pc at home I only have the one screen. I can get Toad to display on that screen (effectively the left screen if I were in the office), but when I click Session->New Connection, the box that opens is on the right screen so I cannot see it.

Do you know if there is any way of moving it or forcing it to open in a visible part of the screen?

I have just discovered that I can view the recent connections which is a help, but we have far more connections than available from there.

Anita

Wonder if two different “Toad desktops” would do the trick.

Set both up first time from office, one for wide/dual screens with windows set where you want, and second set so all windows fall in one screen? Then from work you’d pick the dualie monitor toad desktop and from home connection the other, smaller screened one.

Thanks, I will try this when next in the office, been at home today, unexpectedly.

If I plan to be at home I make sure that Toad is in the left screen and that everything that Toad opens (connection dialog box, table details, window to look at long data or data with carriage returns) can be seen from the left screen.

Anita

Morning,

..., but when I click Session->New Connection, the box
that opens is on the right screen so I cannot see it.

Do you know if there is any way of moving it or forcing it
to open in a visible part of the screen?
Sorry I'm late, I have yet to see your original posting. For some
reason, I only see Debora's replies.

When you click on Session->New connection, and the dialogue is off
screen, do this:

ALT+SPACE
M
Hold LEFT ARROW until the dialogue slides into view
ENTER.

This only works on the window that has focus, but that is indeed the new
session dialogue when you click on session->new session.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Thanks for your post.

I can see that this would work for the New Connection dialog box; I just have to remember the key sequence for when at home!

The other things I was struggling with seeing when at home yesterday were the Table details (when you highlight a table name in the Editor and press F4) and the Grid Popup Window.

These windows do not have the focus when opened so the key sequence above would not work. Do you have any suggestions for these?

Hi Anita,

I can see that this would work for the New Connection dialog
box; I just have to remember the key sequence for when at home!
That's easy, remember ALT-SPACE. The rest you can find on any window
when you click the tiny icon on the top-left corner!

...table name in the Editor and press F4) and the Grid Popup Window.
These windows do not have the focus when opened so the key
sequence above would not work. Do you have any suggestions
for these?
Yes. They both work on my Toad 10.6 setup. What version are you using?

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Hi

I am using version 10.6 too. Yes, it does work for those windows too, if you press Space while holding Alt down, which I wasn’t doing.

Thanks for you help.

Anita

Hi...i used to have this problem at a previous office. the easy solution is to move all the pop-up windows (when you're at work) to the main monitor, then you'll see them when you remote in. the other fix is (i forget how, but) there is a switch that you can add to your remote connection setup that will enable both monitors so you can scroll wheel horizontally between the two. i found that difficult to navigate though.