Change version from trial to permanent

Hi, I have have installed toad 13.4.6.1 trial version and remaining 40 days to expire
first question: if expire it still work or will stop.
second question if i buy the license and configure it it will automatically converted from trial to permanent or i need to install another version before configure the license key.
third question if i uninstall trial version and install another will affect for ora file and will need to reconfigure it.
thanks so much

Hi Taky,

Thanks for posting your questions!

To answer your first question: Quest has decided to move away from the freeware product to a subscription-based licensing model to better help the full version of Toad to become more affordable to individual users. This subscription provides access to support, as well as all new versions of the product, and will auto-renew each year until cancelled. You can read more about that decision here:

To answer your second question: you'll need to download and install the newer version to enable the new key. This could either be the Toad for Oracle Subscription version, which is downloadable from Toad World here:

or the legacy Term-based license purchased from Quest.com, which can be downloaded from here:

For your third question: uninstalling your Trial version of Toad 13.4 and installing the newer version won't affect your ORA files. Those are configured as part of your Oracle client, so your existing ORA files will be used by the newer version. Your connections and user settings will also be migrated to the newer version of Toad for Oracle as well.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please feel free to let us know if you have any others or if there's anything else we can do.

Thanks,

-John

thank you so much, i appreciate that.
i will try if i have any problem i will reply to this message
regards