connect from project panel fails to supply password

All,

this relates to Toad for Oracle Beta 12.12.0.12

When I right-click a schema in the project browser and request to bring up the editor, Toad will normally connect using the password it has saved on a prior occasion.

For a few schemas, this does not work anymore. When I ask for the editor, it will first prompt me for a password.
Toad does not save the password. After disconnecting, the process repeats unchanged.

Funny thing is, if I go to --> then the connection is established using the saved password.
From that time forward the initial symptom disappears. That is: after connecting to the schema from the menu bar just once,
requesting a connection from the project pane seems to be re-enabled to use the password for that particular schema.

If this is expected behavior, that’s ok.
If it requires fixing, I have 5 schemas left that we could use for testing.

Kind regards,
Abe Kornelis

All,

sorry - it’s slightly less confusing.

After supplying the password on the first connect, it is saved and reused on subsequent connect requests.

What remains is: if I connect using the menus, rather than the project pane, Toad will use the stored password without a problem and will reuse the password on all subsequent requests.

However, when the first connect is requested from the project pane, I do have to manually enter the password. Toad will save the password and reuse it on all subsequent requests.

So it looks a bit like there’s a hiccup in the “Copy user settings” function, that makes some passwords inaccessible for the connect function when invoked from the project panel, but has them still accessible when invoked from the menu bar. It’s probably wide off the mark, but this is what it looks like from the outside…

Abe

Abe I’m all over this code right now and can take a look. Did you recently change your password for these connections?

After you use the Session|New Connection to make the connection does the Project Manager work correctly from that point on? It is only if you first try from Project Manager that it fails?

Michael

Michael,

Did you recently change your password for these connections?
**–> No, they have been unchanged for at least a year.

After you use the Session|New Connection to make the connection does the Project Manager work correctly from that point on?
**–> Yes it does. Equally, using the project mgr panel, after the first connect the problem no longer occurs.

It is only if you first try from Project Manager that it fails?
**–> Yes indeed. Only the first connect attempt fails.

Kind regards,
Abe