Dark Mode - Little Look and Feel remarks

Hi team.

In Dark mode, when editor needs vertical and horizontal scroll, the square is always white as you can see in the image

Also, (this is also a known bug in the previous word file), when minimized and maximize Toad, MDI icons looks grey.

Regards

Thank you. I've seen those too. Ill fix them when I can. These two things are trickier than they look.

Hi John, Any news about these issues? And one more thing. It could be possible to change some elements in themes such as Scroll bars background?

For example in Onyx Blue, I prefer darker scroll bar

Thanks!

Hi Javier,

Sorry, I haven't been able to solve either of those bugs.

It may be possible to edit the styles at runtime. I'd have to investigate that. Also, we'll probably be introducing some new styles in the coming versions.

-John

Hi John.

I don’t know if these issues are hard to solve or even if we can have more themes in Toad 17 betas.

Do you have any news about?

Regarda

Hi Javier,

Unfortunately, both of those issues are hard to solve. I would have solved them a long time ago if I could have. I could add more themes to 17.0, but they would have the same problem, because these aren't really related to the themes themselves, just when themes are enabled. Are you still interested in more themes, or were you just hoping another theme might not have the problem?

-John

Hi John.

I know that these issues are very hard to solve. I love Onyx Blue but for me scroll bars are very light.

I like VS Code Dark Themes

For two issues. Any option of having MDI icons not visible?

Regards

Hi Javier,

I just looked at Onyx blue and I see what you mean about the scrollbars.

We just updated our development environment and there are some newer themes available. I can take a look at them for the next version. Maybe also find a way to allow users to make minor changes to existing themes.

-John

Hi John!!

Thanks for new Colour Schemes in latest beta!! Look beautiful!! (I have changed to Slate)

Regards!!

Thanks Javier,

If you see anything colors in there that need a little work, please let me know. Most of the controls are colored automatically by the theme (and I can't really change those), but some things need the colors applied manually.

-John

Hi John,

I was wondering about the possiblity in future versions of themes that mimic as exactly as possible the light/dark themes of Windows itself. Standard Windows titlebar widgets, colors pulled from the colors chosen by the user in the Personalization settings. The dark mode of the Windows File Explorer itself is for the most part impeccable, and a good example of what I'm talking about.

I know you probably have to support earlier versions of Windows as well, and that could possibly be done with their native-look titlebar widgets, but with light/dark color choices.

There are some of us that would love a dark mode version of Toad, but who also value UI consistency across applications. I know that's elusive on Windows, but it's a goal. :smile:

Hi Jayson,

That would be really difficult to achieve, but I agree, it would be nice to have. Maybe some day.

In the meantime, we've got about 40 themes to choose from in the beta. I don't think we'll be adding more anytime soon, but if I find a way to pull off your suggestion, I would add it. I am also looking for a way to customize the pre-installed themes.

-John

1 Like