Different behavior of the Open Windows (Editor, Schema Browser) on the BAR

In the previous versions of Toad the each schema that you logged into was displayed on the bar. Any window associated with the login was also displayed on another bar (Schema Browser, Editor, etc), I would keep track of the different schemas by assigning different colors to each. You could then quickly transition between the Schema Browsers because they were all on the bar. Now it appears that you need to CLICK on the SCHEMA to get to each set of OPEN windows. This is adding extra time to my day! Am I doing something incorrectly in this new version? I don’t like it! Is anyone else unhappy with this new “feature”?

Mine was actually flipped...some kind of crazy way..

I had to play with it a while to get the schemas back on top and the open editors under that schema below...

Drove me crazy for a while...

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 5:49 PM, heidi.marotta bounce-heidimarotta@toadworld.com wrote:

Different behavior of the Open Windows (Editor, Schema Browser) on the BAR

Thread created by heidi.marotta
In the previous versions of Toad the each schema that you logged into was displayed on the bar. Any window associated with the login was also displayed on another bar (Schema Browser, Editor, etc), I would keep track of the different schemas by assigning different colors to each. You could then quickly transition between the Schema Browsers because they were all on the bar. Now it appears that you need to CLICK on the SCHEMA to get to each set of OPEN windows. This is adding extra time to my day! Am I doing something incorrectly in this new version? I don't like it! Is anyone else unhappy with this new "feature"?

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle Forum notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--
Gene L. Bradley Jr.

Systems Analyst

Office of Information Technology

Jackson State University

1400 J R Lynch Street

P.O. Box 17750

Jackson, MS 39217

ph 601.979.1042

fax 601.371.9146

email gbradley@jsums.edu

*In God we trust; all others bring data. * ~W.E. Deming

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT

This electronic transmission is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (601) 979-1042. Thank you.

Go to main options -> Toolbars/.menus.

It sounds like you have “show only buttons for current connection on window bar” checked and you don’t want it checked.

That’s exactly what it was! Thank you Jonn.