Editing data directly in data grid not committing changes.

When I edit data in an editable data grid, the data changes aren’t committed to the record in the row. It only commits if I close the query and TOAD prompts me that I have changes not committed would I like to commit them. Or if I manually write the update SQL.

The little green icon (Grid is editable) is showing in my results plan. I haven’t installed TOAD in Read only mode, and the same thing happens whether or not I have AutoCommit turned on.

It’s not that big of a deal as I can always write the update statement, but I’m curious as to why it isn’t working.

I’m connecting to an oracle 11g database with TOAD 2.7.0.348

Are you pressing the ‘Save Changes’ button? That sends the changes to the database. Then if you have auto commti turned off you would need to also click the commit button at the bottom left of your application. See screenshots.
commit.png

Are you pressing the ‘Save Changes’ button? That sends the changes to the database. Then if you have auto commti turned off you would need to also click the commit button at the bottom left of your application. See screenshots.
submit.png

Thanks Debbie, that was it!