Editor - Toggle Full Screen Grid (shift-F2) requires two F2 keystrokes first

Most of the time, after a query, I need to do the following sequence to see the full screen data grid: . Usually, if I forget and do immediately, the screen seems to get stuck. Then I have to use a few times to get it freed up and ready to accept for the full screen grid.

FWIW, I work with TOAD displayed on my second monitor. The monitor is rotated to portrait orientation and I have the TOAD window opened at about 1050 x 1890. I have the editor panel pulled up a bit so I can normally see a little of the data grid panel below the editor window

"Mee too" :grinning:. I'm testing 13.2.0.230.
Actually, slightly different problem but, I bet, it is due to the same underlying issue.
When you use a large screen where you resized the docked panels:

... then when moving to a smaller screen (or just restore full screen TOAD window to smaller size) then all panels get incorrect;y layed out (should be resized accordingly, I guess):

1. The bottom panel ([Script Output] in my screenshot) is using the whole window + the editor tabs hide below the bottom panel + the editor panel covers the bottom panel
  2. editor's scroll bars hide
  3. the status bars cover editor panel at the bottom.

Good Afternoon,

I'm running 13.2.0.230, also. F2 will cycle between code and code plus data, as you show; however, I do not need to hit F2 twice before hitting Shift F2. Shift F2 toggles straight to full data view. Shift F2 cycles between code plus data and full screen data.

Larry

Shift+F2 problem might have something to do with large (or pivoted) screen or panels docked on the side (I have the same setup as dwmosman). I could not really isolate that - maybe you could..

Good Afternoon,

What I noticed in portrait display mode (actually same error Portrait and Landscape monitor) is that Shift F2 does not work when only code is displayed; I must press F2 once to see code and data before Shift F2 will toggle to display only data.

Larry

I noticed some additional details to add to the mix.

Pic 1: As before, Select statement completes, data grid is populated

Pic 2: Shift-F2 - The code window expands completely to the left. The data grid becomes full screen behind the code panel!
(At this point, repeated use of Shift-F2 will alternate between pic 1 and pic 2 layouts)

Pic 3: First F2 keystroke

Pic 4: Second F2 keystroke
The Navigator panel is now displayed in locked open position, even though I didn't pin it myself.
I noticed tonight that if I manually unpin it (so it withdraws into the left side bar), then the screen layout is locked. Nothing happens when I use Shift-F2 or F2. If I manually expand the navigator window and repin it to lock it in place, then I can proceed with the F2/F2/shift-F2 routine as per my previous post

I think the problem with Shit+F2 appears only if the Navigator window is on the side and unpinned.
When it is pinned to the side I could not replicate the problem.

I think you may be right. When running on a vertical monitor, that extra two inches on the right is valuable space so I leave navigator unpinned.

Seems to be resolved in the latest beta (I'm running 14.0.0.244). :+1: