Toad - SQl Editor

I have a problem with the display of my editor. I realized I clicked something on my screen and I could not see the screen where we write the queries anymore. I am using Toad version 9.6.0.

I tried various other settings but could not get the display screen back where we write the queries. Can someone help!
Please suggest asap.

Thanks

I have a problem with the display of my editor. I realized I
clicked something on my screen and I could not see the
screen where we write the queries anymore. I am using Toad
version 9.6.0.

It sounds like you have managed to maximise the grid display area. Click
on that and press F2 - you should now see the editing area maximised. If
so, try resizing the grid area downwards (F2 again to display the grid
area) to allow you to see both at once.

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Try F2 or Shift+F2

I’ve noticed if you resize a window - editor, session browser – you
can pretty easily make it such that the top or bottom panel
‘disappear’ and you are unable to drag it back in the same space.
You have to resize the window/app again to expose the splitter, which is usually
stuck at the bottom. It would be nice if the splitter were forced to ALWAYS be
visible on a form…

Agreed – place on idea pond and I will vote for it J

Hi Jeff,

It would be nice if the splitter were forced to
ALWAYS be visible on a form...
Or, maybe, a right click "rest this window to default" option in the
context menu?

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should still check any attachment before opening it.
We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for litigation. Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506. Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

I suspect that Jeff’s original solution will work for you, but if it does not
and if you can see the toolbar then reset the current desktop. See attached
screenshot.

Michael
image001.png

Yes – many windows need rest these days J

Hi Michael,

I suspect that Jeff's original solution will work for you, but if it
does not and if you can see the toolbar then reset the current desktop.
See attached screenshot.
Interesting.

I'm on 10.5.1.3 and had my grid extended to the very top covering up the
MOE.

I tried your suggestion and while "other things" re-appeared on screen,
the MOE didn't. I still had the grid covering it up.

Maybe it's because my splitter was still accessible, but then again ...

--

Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Hi Bert,

Yes – many windows need rest these days J
Thanks! Looks like I need one myself!

--
Cheers,
Norm. [TeamT]

Does not help. My version is 9.6.1, am still not able to see the screen where I write queries. Am not able to see the screen.

Please help!

Try un-maximizing the window and resizing it in both directions, see if you can
get the splitter to appear

Window > Tile Vertical may do the trick too

Did you try my earlier suggestion of resetting the desktops? Norman reported that it didn’t help completely, but I think that you could then get to the splitter. You could always try the tactical nuke approach. Close Toad and delete your User Files\Editor*.lay if those files exist. I see them in 9.7, but can’t recall if 9.6 used that desktop naming convention or not. If you do not see them then look for User Files*Desktops.xml and remove any found.

Michael

I should clarify that if you have the .lay files only delete the Editor*.lay, do not remove the OriginalEditor*.lay files.

Michael

I believe it is the same thing for me. I am trying to uninstall and re-install TOAD

Whoa, that’s a pretty harsh solution. I can always play around with the
window enough to get the panel to come back…

It’s not that harsh. It just resets the desktop layout which takes about 2
seconds to recreate.

Not blowing away the desktop INI/XML files – blowing away Toad and
re-installing…that seems harsh to me at least. ESP if you have to ask a
desktop ADMIN to do that for you.

Ah, sorry, Misread.

I’ve noticed if you resize a window - editor, session browser – you

can pretty easily make it such that the top or bottom panel

‘disappear’ and you are unable to drag it back in the same space.

You have to resize the window/app again to expose the splitter, which is usually

stuck at the bottom. It would be nice if the splitter were forced to ALWAYS be

visible on a form. Like here with SQL database designing shows