Error loading library 'LIBCS.DLL,LIBCT.DLL'

I just loaded Sybase’s client libraries so I could connect TDM to an ASE 15 server running on my linux laptop. I’m trying to connect natively since I haven’t defined an ODBC data source for it.

Anyway, when I supply the connection information and try connecting I get the error on the subject line. The libraries are loaded into c:\sybase\OCS-15_0\ but are using the “new” names of libsybcs.dll and libsybct.dll.

The names missing the “syb” in them are for older Sybase libraries that risk name collisions with other products.

Should I just rename the libraries? Copy them? Is there a TDM patch?

I confirmed the lib directory is in the lib environment variable. I tried renaming the libraries but it still complained they weren’t found. I’m recycling the computer to make sure the environment variables take effect.

Note: This is Vista Business 32

Hi,

Please check out whether you have installed a client from Sybase. You need this to be able to use our native connection. In the client, you have to add a server in environment of DSEDIT program (Open Client Directory Service Editor).

Hope this info helps.

Please let us know.

Regards,

Vladka

Hallo,

I’m unsuprised - 5 years after Sybase changing library names and TOAD still wants old names for reverse engeneering ASE 15.7… For Sybase users I found this help:

In 12.5 OpenClient SDKs the libraries have names like :

libct.dll, libcs.dll etc.

In 15.x OpenClient SDKs the libaries all have names like:

libsybct.dll, libsybcs.dll etc.

This was don’t to avoid possible name collisions with other vendor

dlls.

Look to see if there is a README and copylibs.bat located at:

%sybase%%sybase_ocs%\scripts. Read the README and rename the

libraries.

rovis

Hi Rovis,

please use Native Connection instead of Obsolete Native Connection. The obsolete method should be used in specific scenarios only.

Regards,

Vaclav