Toad World® Forums

export dataset problem.


#1

I have toad 10.1 and I used it to create several table in a UTF-8 database. I
chose appropriate editor and grid fonts and had no problems.

Then I realized this was in a test database that could be blown away at any time
and recreated so I decided to create table and data creation scripts. So I did
SELECT * FOM TABX and right clicked and chose EXPORT DATASET. I picked CLIPBOARD
in the dialogue and then pasted the created insert statements into a Toad edit
window and saved it. Then when I tried to run that script into another UTF-8
database most of the really strange characters got replaced by question marks.

Luckily I have the DBA option so I ran an EXPORT wizard from one database and
the IMPORT wizard into the other and that worked fine.

Is there any other option for deprived or depraved programmers who don’t
have the dba option.


#2

When you saved it, did you choose UTF-8 encoding for the file you saved it to?


#3

Two scenarios with Toad 10.1
image001.jpeg


#4

For me:


#5

It is happening in step 2.

Here is screenshot of result of a select

Now I right click and then chose EXPORT DATASET (set to Clipboard)

And now I click OK and then paste into editor.

Note the rectangles with question marks.

It might be a font issue. I am using CONSOLAS font.


#6

It is happening in step 2.

Here is screenshot of result of a select

Now I right click and then chose EXPORT DATASET (set to Clipboard)

And now I click OK and then paste into editor.

Note the rectangles with question marks.

It might be a font issue. I am using CONSOLAS font.


#7

It is happening in step 2.

Here is screenshot of result of a select

Now I right click and then chose EXPORT DATASET (set to Clipboard)

And now I click OK and then paste into editor.

Note the rectangles with question marks.

It might be a font issue. I am using CONSOLAS font.
image001.jpeg


#8

It is happening in step 2.

Here is screenshot of result of a select

Now I right click and then chose EXPORT DATASET (set to Clipboard)

And now I click OK and then paste into editor.

Note the rectangles with question marks.

It might be a font issue. I am using CONSOLAS font.


#9

Please disregard previous message. I changed CONSOLAS to @Arial Unicode and I
see all the characters. But now I have a fixed pitch versus variable pitch
issue.
image001.jpeg