Filter title clears every time I change the filter with and or OR buttons

Good afternoon TOAD team,

This is weird, happens on my production laptop in TOAD 14.1, but not on my dev VM in TOAD 14.1 or 14.2 beta. Very annoying and repeatable.

I'm been doing this for decades and the new "feature" is to clear the filter name every time I use the Add to Filter (And) or Add to Filter (Or) buttons to assist me in writing the filter. As shown below:

Larry

Hi Larry,

I don't think this is a new problem. I can reproduce it in both 13.1 and the current beta. It won't happen if one or more sort column is defined on the "Sort" tab.

I'll fix it for the version after 14.2

-John

Good afternoon John,

Thank you!

You see recent first in the title; it is sorted on a TIMESTAMP(6) field, LOG_DATE:

image008.png

SELECT

ROWID, CLIENT_IP, ENVIRONMENT, PASSWORD_TRIED,

ACTION_REQ, SUCCESS_FAIL, LOG_DATE,

REMARKS

FROM COMMON.ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG

WHERE

-- Recent first SailPoint

CLIENT_IP IN ('10.49.2.9', '10.48.36.225', '10.48.36.226', '10.48.36.227', '10.48.36.228')

ORDER BY LOG_DATE DESC NULLS LAST

image001.png

image009.png

image010.png

image011.png

Hmm, I am only able to make the filter name get cleared by clicking "Add to filter" when there is no sort column set.

If you send me your user files folder and Create Table stmt for this table, I will try again. I don't need any table data.

Good evening John,

Not sure if I screwed up, but just sent the script for this table in reply to other other bug, pretty sure that was the wrong table and for that ticket.

Sorry, I'm a morning person. Monday I should be able to figure this out.

Larry

Good afternoon John,

Sorry for the delayed reply. In TOAD 14.2 a new feature appeared, I can not chose the first filter in the list (schema browser) from my production laptop. I'm guessing I need to go back to factory settings to fix, but will hold off on that...

Do you still desire table stmt and my user files?

Larry

Here is the table stmt:

--
-- ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG (Table)

CREATE TABLE ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG
(
CLIENT_IP VARCHAR2(50 BYTE),
ENVIRONMENT VARCHAR2(1000 BYTE),
PASSWORD_TRIED VARCHAR2(256 BYTE),
ACTION_REQ VARCHAR2(256 BYTE),
SUCCESS_FAIL VARCHAR2(7 BYTE) NOT NULL,
LOG_DATE TIMESTAMP(6) DEFAULT current_timestamp(6),
REMARKS VARCHAR2(2000 BYTE)
)
TABLESPACE COMMON_DATA
PCTUSED 0
PCTFREE 10
INITRANS 1
MAXTRANS 255
STORAGE (
INITIAL 64K
NEXT 1M
MINEXTENTS 1
MAXEXTENTS UNLIMITED
PCTINCREASE 0
BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT
FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT
CELL_FLASH_CACHE DEFAULT
)
LOGGING
NOCOMPRESS
NOCACHE
RESULT_CACHE (MODE DEFAULT)
NOPARALLEL;

COMMENT ON TABLE ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG IS 'Log table for all ETA IAM REST service calls, successful and unsuccessful. Note: calls to invalid method are not logged as the method does not exist to log the call.';

ALTER TABLE ACCOUNT_LOGIN_LOG ADD (
CONSTRAINT CHECK_SUCCESS_FAIL
CHECK (Success_Fail IN ('Success', 'Fail'))
ENABLE VALIDATE);

Hi Larry,

Sure, send me your user files folder and I'll give it a try.

As a workaround, you could make a fake filter that you'll never use as the first one.

-John

Thank you John,

I sent to your email at 2:18 PM today.

UFB, I can select the first filter after creating the zip file. BTW, my TOAD settings are on OneDrive, to let me bounce back and forth from the office to WFH seamlessly. Not that I done that in a while.

image001.png

image009.png

image010.png

image011.png

I guess it was just the restart of Toad that did it. When it stops working, is it after you've made a particular kind of edit to the list (saved one that sorts to the beginning, maybe?)