Toad World® Forums

Grid Popup Editor for Clob Values displaying corrupted data

Hi,
I'm on Beta version 14.1.73.858 64-bit and have come across a problem that doesn't occur in version 14.0.75.662.

When pasting a large chunk of text in a CLOB field via the Grid Popup Editor, the data appears corrupted from around row 1300 onwards . The Editor displays incorrect data in a single line from that row onwards. The data cannot be extracted correctly from that column using Export Dataset. The data is correct in the field, but can no longer be viewed or extracted via TOAD.

I've replicated the issue using Lorum Ipsom text on a test table using 2600 lines of text.

1. Open a Clob field using the popup editor
  2. Paste in the text - in my case anything longer than1550 lines.
  3. click the Post Edit tick.
  4. Scroll back to the bottom of the text. The last few lines appears as this :

Praesent fringilla est tempor, bibendum libero id, bibendum diam.
Maecenas cursus odio et ligula ultrices tincidunt.
Proin rutrum metus id quam 涭愀氀攀猀甀愀搀愀 琀爀椀猀琀椀焀甀攀⸀ഀ਀ 唀琀 椀渀 搀椀愀洀 猀椀琀 愀洀攀琀 渀椀猀氀 挀漀渀猀攀焀甀愀琀 愀挀挀甀洀猀愀渀 渀攀挀 甀琀 搀漀氀漀爀⸀ഀ਀ 䄀攀渀攀愀渀 瘀攀猀琀椀戀甀氀甀洀 愀渀琀攀 猀攀搀 攀渀椀洀 挀甀爀猀甀猀 瀀漀爀琀愀⸀ഀ਀ 嘀攀猀

I've tried this on two different instances on different character sets WE8MSWIN1252 (19.0.0.0.0) and WE8ISO8859P1 (11.2.0.4), though both these are fine when accessed using TOAD 14.0 .

It looks to be a similar sort of problem to Data corruption in result of SELECT statement, beta14.0.51.637