Team coding toad 14.0 not compatible with 14.1

I've made a team coding projects in toad 14.0 with more than 60 schema's. When i open the project in toad 14.1 (even in 14.2 beta) i don't see any schema. So the status of all the objects is uncontrolled ! Is there a compatibility problem ?

Hi Geert,

I'm afraid I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're seeing here. How many team projects did you create in Toad 14.0? Also, are you sure you're logging in to the same database using the same user login when using the different Toad versions? Can you provide a little bit more detail on the steps you're using so we can try to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

-John

Hi John,

i am very sure i'm on the same database with the two versions of toad.
I started with toad 14.0 where i created the teamcoding objects, created a project and added scheme's to the project.
When i connect with toad 14.1 to the same database and i start Team Coding configuration it doesn't even know that team coding is installed and so i am obligated to run the install teamcoding to database script where i get of course oracle errors for duplicate objects because the team coding objects exists already.

Regards,

Geert

Hi John,

the reason why i could not see my project in toad 14.1 was because, both toad 14.0 and 14.1 where active on my pc. After closing both and starting only 14.1 i saw my project.

But, when i changed a few options, adding procedures for a few schemes , and press OK, my project is corrupt.
When i look into de CLOB of TCX_TEAM_PROJECTS i see that it is corrupt ...

Hi Geert,

That makes sense. Toad checks its Team Coding settings when it makes a connection to the database; so if you have both versions already connected, you'd need to disconnect the other session and reconnect in order to read Team Coding's configuration.

But, when i changed a few options, adding procedures for a few schemes , and press OK, my project is corrupt.

This could be related to the same issue listed here:

This was an issue found within the data access component we use to connect to Oracle. This affected only reading of LOB values, rather than the data that's actually stored in the table. If you look at the same column value in Toad 14.0, is it also corrupt in there? My suspicion is that it will probably look completely fine. This issue has been addressed in Toad 14.2 Beta.

Give that a try and let us know what you find.

Thanks,

-John

Goodmorning John,

the data in the clob looks fine when i use Toad 14.0.
When do you think a new release will be available ?

Regards,

Geert

Hi Geert,

I'm glad that's all that was. Toad 14.2 should be available around the end of June / beginning of July. In the meantime, you can simply ignore those extra characters or use the Toad 14.2 beta version, which already has that issue fixed.

Thanks,

-John

You can get the beta here