Health check through automation Designer

Hi,

When i check a database through automation Designer to check on invalid object i get

Invalid Objects (PBAGNTH.WORLD)

BASIS.PERCEEL (synonym)

And now i start Toad and go to the database and set the current user to BASIS and select invalid objects. But there are no invalid objects.

So the check throught automation disigner on invalids show me invalids but looking with Toad itself shows me nothing.

How is this possible.

Greetings Jan Dekker

j.dekker@heerlen.nl

As it's a synonym being reported as invalid, could it be that the object that it points to has a problem?

Cheers,

Norm [ TeamT ]

On 31 March 2015 14:58:53 BST, "j.dekker" bounce-jdekker@toadworld.com wrote:

Health check through automation Designer

Thread created by j.dekker

Hi,

When i check a database through automation Designer to check on invalid object i get

Invalid Objects (PBAGNTH.WORLD)

BASIS.PERCEEL (synonym)

And now i start Toad and go to the database and set the current user to BASIS and select invalid objects. But there are no invalid objects.

So the check throught automation disigner on invalids show me invalids but looking with Toad itself shows me nothing.

How is this possible.

Greetings Jan Dekker

j.dekker@heerlen.nl

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

--

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

The health check is just looking for objects listed in DBA_OBJECTS with at status of “INVALID”. The Schema Browser’s “Invalid Objects” listing is limited to “real” objects like views, packages, procedures, triggers, etc. I did a bit of googling for “invalid synonym” and got some hits. Here’s one: rwijk.blogspot.com/…/invalid-synonyms.html

Hi Norm,

There isn’t a problem with that object. When i go to the owners synonym and look through TOAD in the right panel, i see

Synonym: BASIS.PERCEEL

Target Object: Table SPATIAL.LKI_PERCEEL

Synonym Created: 24/02/2015 11:43:36

And clicking on the TAB data i get the rows with data in the table.

So i don’t think theres the problem.

Gr. Jan

Hi John,

The message i get is from the Health Check. And when i look through TOAD and go to the schema_owner BASIS and select the invalid objects i got nothing to see. And going to the synonym (the only one) i see in the right pannel information about that synonym. I replied Norm already on the same issue.

I think it is a setting within TOAD?

Gr. Jan

It’s not a setting in Toad. For whatever reason, Oracle has an INVALID status for your synonym. Toad is just reporting it to you. If it’s not important, then ignore it. Try running this query in the editor and you will find the same thing.

select object_type, status

from dba_objects

where owner = ‘BASIS’

and object_name = ‘PERCEEL’;

Hi John,

I just running the query and there are no invalids. But , yes you know, through the Health Check it’s reported INVALID. I’m out of my ideas.

Greetings Jan

It’s been a while since you started this thread, so the situation may have changed, but originally, this was the problem:

The SYNONYM was invalid (according to the STATUS column in DBA_OBJECTS), but the target object was valid.

Toad’s health check reports all invalid objects (including synonyms) but when you click on a synonym in the Schema Browser, it will show you the target object on the right hand side.

Apparently, it is possible for Oracle to mark the synonym as invalid, even though the target object is valid. I think you can safely ignore it.

Hi John,

Oké, i’ll ignore it and thx for answering

gr. Jan