Toad World® Forums

Help with performing a Data Pump from Production to Development Environment

Greetings,

I am new to Toad and have been asked to perform a data pump from our production to test environment. Is this possible through Toad and any tips on how to create this would be appreciated.    Thanks, Tom

main menu -> database -> export -> data pump wizard. May require DB Admin Module (otpional pay for item)

Yes, according to Help, “This feature is available in either Toad Professional Editions or the DB Admin Module.”

In Help (go to
Help | Contents | Search), search “data pump” and you will see several topics to learn how it works.

From: Bert Scalzo [mailto:bounce-Bert_Scalzo@toadworld.com]

Sent: March 17, 2014 1:12 PM

To: toadoracle@toadworld.com

Subject: RE: [Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum] Help with performing a Data Pump from Production to Development Environment

RE: Help with performing a Data Pump from Production to Development
Environment

Reply by Bert Scalzo

main menu -> database -> export -> data pump wizard. May require DB Admin Module (otpional pay for item)

To reply, please reply-all to this email.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Or
Unsubscribe from Toad for Oracle - General
notifications altogether.

Toad for Oracle - Discussion Forum

Flag
this post as spam/abuse.

sometimes is really help to get Toad version with Add-ons modules in poster case.
:slight_smile:

But in this case you must have installed administrator version of client or full db software (standard-edition) … without database.
Toad is just nice interface which call impdp and expdp, pure Oracle executables.
Brg

Damir

Given what Bert and Donna have said about requiring the DBA Module to do data pump exports, you might like to read a couple of articles on Toad World from my blog on a quick introduction to data pump.

I am not near my browser at the moment - I am on my phone - so I am not sure of the Toad World URL, but if you cannot find it, look under the Oracle category on my blog at http://qdosmsq.dunbar-it.co.uk/blog.

HTH.

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

My Toad World Blog posts are listed at http://www.toadworld.com/members/normteamt/blogs/default.aspx and you will need to scroll down to the data pump ones!

Have fun.

Cheers,

Norm. [TeamT]

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

This is good new. Many many thanks.