Hide Error Popup Window

Is there any way to disable the error popup so that it does not have to be dismissed when an oracle error is encountered? When searching for this I found that it was possible in the past with older versions of TOAD and my coworkers do not get a popup when they encounter an error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

If you're running a script (F5), you can Ignore an error, ignore all errors, or ignore this error.

ScriptError.png

If you ignore any ORA errors, you can see the list of the ignored in the Options -> Scripts area. You can also add them directly from there.

I am running my code generally from an editor window and the popup you showed is different from the one I am getting. Also I would like to not have this popup at all and not have to configure it for every possible error to be ignored.

3021.Capture.png

The error dialog that you showed might indicate a query that Toad is running which it expects you to have privileges for.

If you turn on Spool SQL (Main Menu -> Session -> Spool SQL -> Spool to Screen), Toad will show you every query that it runs. You can use that to find which query is causing the error (just search for ORA- in the result). Turn that on and let us know what query causes the error.

I have run a test again and have included the text from the spool and a screen shot showing that the error message is being displayed in the message window as expected. In this case I am running a query that I expect to fail because the there is no object in my schema with that name. Also I am logged into the database as a user with a DBA role.

-- Timestamp: 08:49:16.333
Connect: user@database

-- Session: user@database
-- Timestamp: 08:49:17.257
begin sys.dbms_application_info.set_module('TOAD background query session', '00000000020A4CD0,000000000F92A1C0,0000000017D225C0'); end;

-- Timestamp: 08:49:17.348
BEGIN SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(buffer_size => NULL); END;

-- Timestamp: 08:49:17.423
BEGIN SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE(buffer_size => NULL); END;

-- Timestamp: 08:49:17.873
select * from test
Error: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

-- Timestamp: 08:49:17.969