Intellisense on cursor fields

Hello forum,

Is there a way to get a list of available cursor columns when in editor. I cannot find a setting to activate this or is in embedded in another setting?

Thanks

type in:

select
from your_table

You can add an alias after your_table if you want.

then go back and put the caret after "select" and do a CTRL+T.

When the popup appears, multiselect the fields you want and hit ENTER

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply. It is not quite what i was looking for.
Eg:
for r1 in (select id
, description
from some_table)
loop
l_id := r1. <- I want the editor to give me a list of available columns in the r1 row when the dot has been entered

For example PLSQL Developer works like that but in TOAD not.

Regards, Rob

I would expect CTRL+T to work there in Toad too, but I see that it does not. I'll log it as a bug.

Thanks.

John,
Should this one be in the beta version now? I have downloaded it but it is not in yet?
Thanks

I'm sorry. Nothing has been done with this one yet. I just verified that I have logged it in our internal bug tracking system.

Thanks for the reminder though.

Hello John,

Any updates on this issue?

Thanks

Sorry, no. I've been too busy trying to get dark mode cleaned up for 15.1. I hope to get to this for the next version. I have bumped its priority.

Hi John,
Any news on this issue?
Thanks

It's bubbled to the top of our list. Shouldn't be much longer. Sorry for the delay.

The next beta will have improvements for several related declarations. Code Insight will show columns/fields for the 4 commented lines in the following code.

DECLARE
    TYPE MyRecord IS RECORD
    (
        id      NUMBER,
        name    VARCHAR2 (100)
    );

CURSOR MyCursor IS
          SELECT vs.schemaname AS schema, vs.machine
            FROM v$session vs
           WHERE vs.status = 'ACTIVE'
        ORDER BY 1;

ut_row   user_tables%ROWTYPE;
    rec      MyRecord;
BEGIN
    -- rec.
    -- ut_row.

FOR cur_rec IN MyCursor
    LOOP
        -- cur_rec.
        NULL;
    END LOOP;

FOR cur_rec IN (  SELECT owner,
                             type_name,
                             attributes,
                             methods
                        FROM all_types
                       WHERE typecode = 'OBJECT'
                    ORDER BY 1, 2)
    LOOP
        -- cur_rec.
        NULL;
    END LOOP;

NULL;
END;

Hello,

Have downloaded the 16 version but cannot this new functionality. Can you assist please or is it for future release?

Thanks Rob

Go into options and turn on "Variables"

I have tried that but doesn’t work. I have upgraded my version, is that ok? Or do I need to do a complete reinstall.

It shouldn't matter how you installed it, as long as it says version 16.0 under help -> about.

For me, it works like this, but if I uncomment the line with the parameter and try again, it stops working.

Thanks, @rv8470. My sample SQL was too simple, lacking references to PL/SQL identifiers. :frowning: I will log this.