Is it possible to save the visible columns and position for the session browser screen and other screens?

Is it possible to save the visible columns and position for the session browser screen and other screens?
Toad for Oracle version 14.1

Most windows (including session browser) should do that automatically.
Session Browser has a lot of grids though - is there one in particular that isn't working?

If you mean the data display grid columns (Schema Browser RHS Data tab) then, yes, there's a widget in the upper left hand corner of the grid that controls both visibility and column order persistently. See snap below.

Yes as I said, the session browser screen.
For example, I need that the the status column to be positioned more at the left of screen.

I just tried this...dragging the Status column to the left, then closing and re-opening session Browser. It came back at the left where I put it. If this isn't working for you, maybe something is wrong with the settings file for it.

To reset the session browser:

1. WIth Toad not running, go to C:\Users\YOUR_WINDOWS_USER\AppData\Roaming\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle\YOUR_TOAD_VERSION\User Files\GUISettings\
  2. delete *session*.* out of this folder
  3. Start Toad and try again.

Does it work after restarting TOAD?

I can't just type 'yes' because that is not enough characters for this forum. So here is some nice ascii art.

โ•”โ•ฆโ•ฆโ•ฆโ•ฆโ•—
          โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘
โ•”โ•— โ•”โ•ฆโ•โ•โ•ฆโ•โ•โ•ฃโ•‘โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘
โ•‘โ•‘ โ•‘โ•‘โ•‘โ•โ•ฃโ•โ•โ•ฌโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•
โ•‘โ•šโ•โ•โ•‘โ•‘โ•โ•ฌโ•โ•โ• โ•ฆโ•ฆโ•ฆโ•ฆโ•—
โ•šโ•โ•—โ•”โ•ฉโ•โ•โ•ฉโ•โ•โ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•ฉโ•
โ•”โ•โ•โ•‘
โ•šโ•โ•โ•
1 Like

How do you do it?

How do you do what? If you are still asking how to get column visibility and position to be remembered in the Session Browser, I answered that. So you need to ask a more specific question if my answer wasn't good enough.