Hi I have just setup Toad Intelligence Central (TIC) and I was hoping to setup a few automation scripts with it but i seem to be running into an issue with the Data sources setup. When I publish the script ("Created the script on the same machine that is running it) I get a connection error on the TIC side but i can run the script with no issue in TDP.
Intelligence Central Error:
– 01/04/2016 12:09:38: LANDSTRIPW_MFG_MATERIASACSTR.log: Begin execution script activities
– 01/04/2016 12:09:38: LANDSTRIPW_MFG_MATERIASACSTR.log: Connection description = LANSTRIP_D
– 01/04/2016 12:09:39: LANDSTRIPW_MFG_MATERIASACSTR.log: Connection description was not found in Connection Manager
– 01/04/2016 12:09:39: LANDSTRIPW_MFG_MATERIASACSTR.log: Connection failed
– 01/04/2016 12:09:39: LANDSTRIPW_MFG_MATERIASACSTR.log: Execute_Data_1 - Connection failed
I was thinking that the issue was with missing a Data source in TIC so I tried to create one but I get a TNS error when I try this.
I also created a connection Via ODBC Administrator using the oracle 11g driver which works when testing the connection.
My next step was to create a View, Snapshot and Data set to check if these functions where working which they did and I now noticed that TIC had created a new data source automatically.
But when I tried to populate the user and Password for this Connecting I got the same error? But even more confusing was when I right clicked on Mappable objects under this data source it asked me for connection credentials which when I entered them from here it worked?
It seems to me that when you create a connection to Oracle, when the system is testing the connection before saving, it does not use the credentials provided and then fails to save the connection. The connection that was auto created has the same problem but you can right click the connection and select “enter personal authentication” and this works.
I would appreciate any help with resolving this issue